Good News Stories

Posted , 7 users are following.

Keep reading on here about it not working for some - i dont know about you but this is making me lose the willpower so would love to hear some good news where its worked for you lovely people.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Definitely working for me! I've lost half a stone and not even been on it for two weeks. Something I've eaten has come back to bite me in the butt but I have no idea what it is so it's definitely working! Keep on going babe you'll do it, we're all in this together!
  • Posted

2 weeks in and just over 6 lb lost. Don't let negatives get you down keep going. I had a bad few days but pushed through and glad I did.
  • Posted

Hi,  Please don't lose the willpower as these tablets worked for me.  I started last May at almost 18stone and come December (8months) I had lost 6 stone.  My BMI was 39 and is now 25.  I no longer take the tablets but as they totally re-educated me as to what I should or shouldn't eat, I have managed to lose a further half a stone without them.  So far so good with me.  I stuck to a very low fat diet and have to admit i didnt exercise very much apart from a long walk at weekends.  So please try and persevere a little longer biggrin
    • Posted

Congratulations Sam! That's amazing! I would love to have a BMI of 25!! I started tablets a week ago and lost 6 pounds. I have 3 stones to lose. What tips do you have? How many tablets did you use a day and how often did you weigh yourself? Were there any weeks that you didn't lose and how did you keep yourself motivated? Sorry for so many questions but you are clearly a success story! Congrats
    • Posted

Getting on the scales back in May last year and realising my BMI was over 39 really scared me and I decided there and then things had to change.  I started Orlistat immediately.  I decided with practice nurse that I would only get weighed once a month as there is nothing worse than getting on the scales at regular intervals and not seeing any weight loss as this can really demotivate you.  After my first month I had lost 1 and half stone and then for the following 4 months I lost 1 stone each month after that it would work out approximately 8 pounds a month.  Once my BMI reached 25 we decided I should stop the Orlistat as my practice nurse said it looked like I had re-educated my way of thinking when it came to eating the right food.  The thoughts of possible side effects really scared me and I stuck to low fat diet each day.  Most days I would take 3 tablets but on the days where I would just have fruit salad for lunch then I would skip the tablet.  Like a lot of people on here I downoaded the MyfitnessPal app to my phone which became my bible and made me keep to my calorie level each day and it also allowed me to check fat content of the food i was thinking of eating.  I believe the only way Orlistat works is if you follow a low fat diet, its no good taking the tablets and still eating fatty foods, not only will you suffer the consequences you will also not lose any weight.  My biggest motivation was clearing out my wardrobe each month of clothes than no longer fit me.  I decided I wasnt going to hang on to them, they needed to go and had to be replaced with smaller size clothes smile  You say you have 3 stone to lose that is more than half of what I had to lose so please stick with it and i'm sure you will achieve the weight loss.  Once people start saying "hey are you losing weight" that is all the motivation in the world you will need!
  • Posted

Well I have been on it for 3 weeks and lost 10lbs Last few days have been hit and miss with mothers day afternoon tea, not nice! But back on track now. I am really pleased as not exercised just eaten a low fat diet... I will start exercising from next weekend. Also I have been drinking at the weekends so that has been knocked on the head as of tomorrow! I hope these posts have held you keep on track!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.