Good result!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

Been on orlistat now for just over 3 weeks and went back to doctors today for repeat tabs and to be weighed....I have been good last 3 weeks and been following low fat diet and exercising although did have a bad weekend which inevitably caught up with me toilet wise!!!!I am pleased to say I have lost 4lbs though....I am really chuffed and it is now spurring me on to do more.I was getting downhearted in week as I felt so bloated and my clothes which were feeling looser are now feeling tighther but I will keep going....a lb a week is ok for me and by Xmas I will have lost 20lbs if i keep at it...slow but sure!!!Its so hard isnt it but we will do it...all of us so dont give up hope!!!I have found evenings really hard as I really crave sweet things about 8pm...but a cuppa tea and a couple rich tea bics have been enough....will be weighed again in two weeks so gotta be good girl!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi claire,

Well done you :magic:

I have been on the tablets for 4 weeks now and got 2 weeks to go before i go back to the doctors for the weigh in. I to have a sweet tooth and find that if i have a low fat evening meal - i let myself have a skinny cow triple choc ice cream with only 3% fat - or a large flump sweet nil fat in. I find this helps with the sweet craving. Keep going

Bigboned

• Posted

Well done claireabc on your weight loss . Keep thinking positive.

claireabc and bigboned have you tried Pink n Whites they are ice cream wafers with flump sort of filling come in packs of 6 (mine have extra 3 free and a bargain for two packs for a pound from our pound shop), 0.12 grams of fat and 50 calories each.

I try and leave enough fat grams left to have a weight watchers dessert after my main meal - the double choc brownie dessert has 3.8 grams of fat (163 calories) and the caramel crunch dessert 2.6grams of fat (174 calories) 2 frozen desserts for pound from a local frozen food shop. p

Plus I drink Good for you Hot chocolate ( I make it with 3 spoonfuls) before I go to bed so I can take medication I have before bed - tastes better than skinny cow hot choc, less fat and cheaper.

Keep up the good work. If only losing weight was as easy as putting it on. I've not had a good week I went to a wedding, all food on offer wasn't low fat so just ate enough to keep me going, I did avoid home made sate sauce, pudding and had minimum to drink. I've been off work and despite promising my self i'd eat regularly have been really busy ate breakfast and next thing I know it's teatime missed lunch time two days running and on days I did eat regularly kept forgetting to take tablets so mad with myself ! :roll: I'm putting off weighing myself but have got weigh in with nurse on Thursday.

But I will carry on this long journey which I'm sure I wouldn't be able to do without this forum to log on to smile

• Posted

Hi, Thanks for reply its so nice to hear that other people find it all so hard as well....we all have our bad days and I like it when I read on here that other people are human and like me have days when its a struggle.I know I am probably not counting the fat thing in my meals as rccommended...30 grams a day... as I have done all slim clubs and I find weighing and calculating my food just bores me and I lose interest and just eat more so I am having my 3 meals a day but being good and then if I fancy a bag low fat crisps or a couple of biscuits then I will as Im sure when you deprive your self altogether it just swings the other way...well for me it does.I am getting fat in my food but if ive lost 4lb then I must be doing something right.I think exercise also helps but I have 3 kids and by 8 oclock when tea done and bedtime done its so hard to motivate myself to get out to garage and get on stepper...so I really am forcing myself and actually after the first ten mins it not to bad..so will keep going!!!!I also find for my sweet tooth that a meringue has no fat...mind you dont have too many as high sugar but they do take edge off cravings!!
  • Posted

ive been thinking of taking these tabs for so long but am so scared to take any form of medication,after reading all ur experiences feel abit more positve but the fear is still there,i dont mind the side effects,i will bear even that if i have to but the fear of failure is so immense-just cant express myself,plz be with me thru my journey,support is the most important thing.im 90 kgs at present and 40 years old,its now or never.will keep checking ur comments to keep me boosted.
  • Posted

Hi foozie

Welcome to the forum smile

I find just logging on and reading what other people are saying and going through really helps as you realise that you are not the only one on this journey.

I am 51 years old measure 5ft 5 inches,have an underactive thryoid gland which means my matabolism is slow. I weighed 107 Kg on 13th April I now weigh just under 92 Kg so i've lost just over 15 Kg in 18 weeks. I've got a long way to go but while i'm losing a lb or more a week I'm staying positive It can work as long as you work hard at it. COME ON JOIN US YOU [u:a8e510d044]CAN [/u:a8e510d044]DO IT smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.