good results from multiple ablations?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone had 2 or more ablations?  Any good words about it? Any warnings also.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had a double ablation last August (endo- and epicardial). They didn't manage to treat all the problem sites due to extensive scarring and I am on the waiting list for a repeat procedure. That is not something I'm looking forward to as I seem to have less cardiac fitness than before the ablation. However, I am now rather traumatised by the many ICD shocks I have received and heartened by the advice that, 'if they find the right bits to treat, the frequency of VT should decrease'. In terms of endo or epicardial ablations, I wouls say that the endocardial carries the least complications - the epicardial one involves putting wires across the septum which gave rise to more than six months of visual distortions and possibly other unpleasant symptoms.

Although I'm not looking forward to a repeat procedure, I feel that the cardiologists must be better informed than I am and so, as usual, will heed their recommendations. Hope all goes well for you.

• Posted

Hello I want start off saying that take care of yourself. I've had 7 ablation done. I got sent to Cleveland Clinic such a good place the did 4 of the ablation I was up there a month it was hell. I hack a Aicd implement my first one lasted 9 months and had to be replaced due to the many shocks I received. I hope this last more than 2 years. I have Ventricular tachycardia I've had since I was born but did not tell me. I'm 40 years old now and it got found about 2 years ago. Now this has lead to Congestive heart failure (CHF) my heart functions at 10 to 15 %. I need a heart but other problems such as lung issue I can't get one. I do have some really good doctor but they now told me nothing more they could do other than meds and hospital as I need. I'm on 400 Mg of amiodarone lisinopril 40 mg. Metoprolol 100 mg a day flecainide. sotalol 50 mg Carvedilol 25 mg. Lots of vitamin and lung meds and things. Back to amiodarone it is a good medication when it gets in your system it's in there can take very long time to get out of system. One of the big problem with it is liver and lungs and eyes. Amiodarone is not a first choice drug as you guys know it works but many down sides to the medicine. If your doctor does blood work and u get your lungs and eyes tested every year then it can be great. Most things that happen with it goes away after you stop taking it. I would talk to doctors and see if willing to try any other medications. As with my case it was only thing left. Keep yourself in check if your own amio things can get bad. Blood work tells a lot to the doctor's like get blood took ever six months so that is how often you guys should as well if not more have a great day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.