Good side to alcohol

Posted , 6 users are following.

im aware alcohol does and can have more down sides than good, but if not relyed on and used sensibly it can have a good side. I'm not encouraging anyone to turn to it but twice it's possible it's done me a favour. First time I honestly don't know but from what I've read it may of saved my life. In 2012 I'd had a small amount of alcohol then was involved in an accident which was not my fault and not through the tiny amount of alcohol I'd had. I got a serious head injury which I was lucky to survive but I have since read having small amounts of alcohol in you can help you survive head injuries. Again I have no way of knowing if it was the reason I survived but could be possible if what I've read is true.

the other time was yesterday. I met the man I'd been in relationship with who I expected to say he wasn't ready for relationship due to not getting over losing his wife last year and depression getting as bad as it can be last week. We met to talk and as my mum was in at my house we went to a pub to talk. None of us are big drinkers but both had alcohol then had dinner. We did talk and agreed to stay friends for now. I have been telling him to be honest about how he feels for ages. Now the tables turned I fully expected him to want to be friends and after last week I would of said its for best if he hadn't. I had felt every emotion possible through the last week upset, anger, frustration. Yesterday I felt fine just wanted to see how it went. After we finished talking we both felt like relaxing with few more drinks. I only felt like this because I was starting to feel very slightly drunk meaning eating hadn't stopped the alcohol effecting me for first time ever. I noticed my now ex partner felt more comfortable talking and being honest. After a few more I think he mentioned that if I ever used him having dyslexia to make fun of him he wouldn't have anything to do with me again. I Can't remember why that came up in conversation but I think it was that and the drink that made me get upset. My ex partner was great comforting me and said that til I got upset he was thinking that I wasn't that bothered over him and if I hadn't got upset he doesn't think thing would of been as likely to work in long term. So it's probably purely down to having a few drinks that he believes how I feel. It is the first time ever I've still been effected by alcohol after eating and the first time I've got upset after drinking. It brought up the question had I been hiding my feelings from him. The honest answer is I don't know I didn't feel like I was but must of been.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Marie I don't think you have the point with this forum it's to encourage and help people NOT to drink I think your comment was self engratiating about your relationship   not about people with serious alcohol problems
  • Posted

this forum is for the benefit of people who are struggling to deal with problems related to alcohol- who cares about what you told your boyfreind when you were p*ssed- so you need alcohol to be truthful-perhaps you are on the right forum- have you a problem with alcohol ?
    • Posted

Lol because I made a post about alcohol you think that automatically indicates I've got a problem even though you don't know me. Think what you want yes I have a few drinks every few month or so really serious problem isn't it? Lol.
    • Posted

Then you are definitely missing the whole point of this forum. It's for people who need help and support with problems with alcohol. Your post was completely inappropriate and pointless in regards to this forum. I'm not even sure what kind of response you expected.
  • Posted

Umm as someone who is struggling with some quite serious issues and who finds this group very helpful, Im not sure you are going to get a great deal of sympathy here. Maybe you should maybe try someone like Relate.. 

I wish you well whatever

• Posted

Hi Marie

I am new to this site having just read your post, I don't understand what you need,

can you type it again clearly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.