Good things about fluoxetine?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Doc put me on this new med. I'm very scared and anxious. Did this medicine help anyone. Please don't scare me if it didn't. It's only 10 mg

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I suffer with anxiety and this medicine has literally given me my life back (20mg daily). I hope it works for you too. Just as a warning it can make anxiety worse before it gets better but stick with it xx
  • Posted

I'll would like to tell you meds can help but don't fix the problem. I do yoga two to three times daily and read it will help you a lot

• Posted

I was on Fluoxetine many a year ago 20mg, and was fine on and coming off them (in the space of 6 months). However, I have had a few Anxiety attacks since last September, and I'm on 50mg of Sertraline (my Third week). Though this has helped greatly, it is by no means a quick fix. And rightly said, it is by no means a problem solver, just a suppressant. Each medication affects everyone of us differently, what's right for some, may not be for others, you should be fine and I hope you feel more yourself very soon.

• Posted

Prozac has helped many people. It's famous!

Give it some time to kick in. Most people find it helps.

Love Tess xx

• Posted

it was the first antidepressant i took, it helped me immensly but it takes about a month before you start to feel its positive effects. on the other hand, you can feel its side effect almost immediatly. dont let it get you down though.

• Posted

I started this med just yesterday. I bought a pill cutter and started on 5mg. First dose wasn't anywhere near as bad as i thought it would be. Did your doctor give you xanax to help for the first couple of weeks? Good luck! Hope it gives us back our quality of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.