Good Weeks / Bad Weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Does anyone else have times when they feel that the symptoms are worse than they have been for a while?

After being diagnosed in November 2016 with large bilateral PE's, I have found the last few weeks quite hard going when going out for a walk. I thought I was doing quite well but now get quite breathless and rapid heartbeats when walking.  I do have right heart strain due to the clots.

This forum is s great souce of support and advice smile

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbie yes I have found this too. Really frustrating as I was thinking I had improved so much. Then get out of breath on just a short walk. It makes it difficult to plan anything. I am 7 months from diagnosis and the same as you multiple bilateral clots with right heart strain. So reckon this is normal. Just carry on what we are doing we will get better. 😍 x

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

Thanks for your response, it is so nice to know that it is 'normal' to feel like this.

I went for a walk around the village earlier and was breathless and rapid heartbeats after about 5 minutes, it is so difficult to plan anything.

x

• Posted

Hi Debby,

Yes, I am afraid that sounds like a fairly typical pattern of recovery (mine anyway). I think we get lulled into a false sense of improvement on the good days, then see a step backwards on the bad days. Looking back though, there has been a big improvement compared to when it happened. Mine was in August 2015 and if my memory serves me right, I was still quite breathless 5 months after the event.

al the best

Peter

• Posted

Hi Peter

Thank you for this.

Compared to what i was like when first discharged from hospital, i am much improved. It is very frustrating that you think you are improving and then get a bad day / week.

x

• Posted

I dont get breathless. I get chest pain. I too had a right heart strain. I go thursday for a ct scan. If the clots are gone and the heart is good i can get off blood thinners. I was diagnosed in novemeber of 2016 with small bilateral pes.
    • Posted

Hi Samantha

Good luck for Thursday smile x

• Posted

Hi Samantha. Will be thinking of you on Thursday. 🍀💐 x

• Posted

Hi Samantha. Hope your scan went ok today. 😍

• Posted

Thanks. I gwt the results tuesday from my hematologist. I hope there gone.
  • Posted

I'm fairly new to this and the first week I was diagnosed with a couple of pe's I felt ok was going for walks and running, now I can't walk 500 meters without being out of breath but I have been told it's normal, hope you recover soon

• Posted

Hi James

Thank you for this.

Today I feel breathless just wandering around the house....

Take care

• Posted

Sorry to hear you not so good today. Hope the sun is shining. Tomorrow is another day. Thinking of you. 😍?💐

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

Thank you for the lovely message. The sun has been shining and that always helps...smile

I hope your day is going good and you are enjoying the beautiful weather  x

• Posted

Hi Debbie. I have had several good days in a row. !! Managed to catch up with a few things I had neglected. Must admit have slowed down a lot. Takes me twice as long now. But all good progress. Hope all ok with you. x😍

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

Sorry for the late reply, went away for a few days smile

Fantastic that you have been able to catch up with things and that you have had a good few days  feeling good smilesmile it makes you feel so much more positive and great progress.

Keep up the good work smile x

• Posted

Hope you had a good break away Debbie and didn't do anything too energetic 😍. Fingers crossed still feeling a lot better thanks. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.