Googling symptoms has been unclear, waiting for dr's results

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! Just adding to the pile of confused people here. Last July I started getting really bad anxiety and panic attacks, those led to be being constipated quite often around October through very recently. My doctor had prescribed Colace which I took off and on, it did help but wasn't a cure.

Just after Christmas I had a severe pain inside my right shoulder blade that led me to the ER because I was vomiting. They didn't find anything wrong and sent me home but I still have pain there on an off but it has not been as severe as that one time. Maybe a month ago I noticed my pelvic area felt a little weird but wrote it off as just nearing my period. About 2 weeks ago I started feeling like I had a stitch in each of my sides. This did go with constipation a bit but it wasn't as bad. I saw my doctor about it last Wednesday and she ordered an ultrasound for gallstones which I did the next day. I've yet to see those results.

My pain is largely the lower right side of my abdomen/pelvic area but sometimes in my lower right rib too and it's always a stabbing pain. I never get a cramping pain, just stabbing/stitch pain. Not super severe but it's not comfortable at all and it reaches around to my sides, not really to my back though. Sometimes it will lessen with ibuprofen or just the right position. I also get this pain in my lower left abdomen but not as frequently, though I was awoken a few nights ago with lower left abdomen pain and nausea. I have not vomited since my ER visit but there have been several days where I've been nauseous all day. I have still been able to eat okay most of the days but some of them I've felt bloated easily. I haven't gained or lost any weight, no fever, and I haven't had diarrhea per say but I have had a few looser stools, the last 2 have been fairly normal and easy.

Yesterday I felt sort of okay, enough to walk around more than usual, so we walked to the grocery store and when we got back I had the stabbing/stitch feeling again on both sides. I still have pelvic pain too but I'm unsure if it's gyno related or related to my abdomen pain. (I have a gyno appointment for the 31st). 

So while I'm waiting around for my ultrasound results does anyone have any insight?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do u think could be ibs related if your scan was anything to worry about the y would be in contact with u ASAP I get nausea a lot after a bowel movement and a lot of adominal pains and I got anxiety which don’t help 
    • Posted

Yeah possibly IBS but so often I read about people who have IBS have cramps and diarrhea and I don’t have either of those, and my constipation has let up a little. 

They told me it would be 2 business days before I heard a response so I should hear tomorrow hopefully. rolleyes

• Posted

You say you have had abdomen pain and constipation which are both IBS symptoms. Nausea is also part of it. Abdomen pain can include cramps.  I have IBS and have had cramps and pain.  Bowel habit change can be predominantly constipation or diarrhoea or a mixture of both. The constipation and/or diarrhoea can come and go and you can have periods of normal bowel habits.  Everyone experiences IBS differently and has their own individual IBS. IBS cramps/pain can be constant or come and go and move about.  My pain/cramps have been both constant and come and go.

• Posted

Samanta

If your tests can't find a physical cause for your symptoms you should explore whether your anxiety is the main culprit of your symptoms . Your Gut and your emotions are closely tied together. Learn skills to manage your stress level. Exercise, meditation, yoga, prayer, whatever works for you!

Also avoid alcohol, and caffeine if you can. But first rule out any other conditions that show up in tests.

Good luck

• Posted

Just wanted to update that I do have gallstones and have a consult with a surgeon in a few weeks. I don't think that's the source of all my pain though and I'm sure part of it is my anxiety even if I don't feel super anxious. I still have a gyno appointment for Wednesday so here's hoping more of it is easily solved.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.