Gopo

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi does anyone take the supplement Gopo. It's derived from Rosehips and on the manufacturers website it states it can be used with anticoagulants. I'm on Apixaban. I have bad arthritis which I always took turmeric tabs for but if course can no longer take. Gopo is supposed to be amazing for arthritis.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol. I found Apizaban made my arthritis worse- maybe it makes you bleed into your joints. I started using Devils claw which helped a little bit with the arthritis but my AF dramatically reduced. Havent heard of gopo but will try anything for my arthritis. Funny how l got AF first then a couple of years later developed severe arthritis.
    • Posted

Hi Robyn yes I agree my arthritis has got worse since I've been on Apixaban. Gopo is a derivative of Rose Hip and People are singing it's praises here so really want to try it but afraid to while on Apixaban in case it thins the blood.

• Posted

hi and I havent used that but I find Tumeric amazing ( can also be used on dogs that have arthritis ). can get it form E Bay and some have black pepper. if I do not take it for a few days I can certainly tell the difference)
    • Posted

Hi Audrey yes I used to take turmeric all the time and it's amazing for arthritis bit you can't take it with anticoagulants as it thins the blood. Gopo is a derivative of Rose Hip and people say it's amazing but I'm frightened that thins the blood too.

• Posted

Hi Ladies. Now that my AF is down to 5 /. of the time (l have a pacemaker) due to the devil's claw l can concentrate on my arthritis. I have elected not to stay on Apixaban (my chad score is only 1 and my dad had a cerebral haemorrhage) l take aspirin which is milder. Its a calculated risk but l want a better quality of life which at the moment is being able to walk with less pain. Tumeric did nothing for me except give me stomach pains. We are all different and its trial and error. I will however try the gopo.

• Posted

Hi Robyn the company which did all the trials on Gopo are actually in Australia and they trade under Rose Hip Vital. Gopo is what the same product is called in the UK. It means something like glycolipids a derivative of rose hip. Hope it works for you.
  • Posted

I take GoPo, and apixiban, think the gopo helps with my arthritus but was thinking about taking Collagen, but wondered if this can be taken with Apixiban? anyone know?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.