Gord Help :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys/gals... So ive had a bit of a string of nasty GI tract issues for the past year and a half now, It started with being told i had IBS due to tons of bloating, Gas etc Then to getting heartburn reguarly, and now this chronic chest pain reffering through to between my shoulder blades, sort of centered, Almost like you need to stretch but never goes, Its there all day every day. Ive recently been told just straight "Its gerd" without any tests or anything (always leaves me a little perplexed as to how you can just guestimate without finding out if its acurate) So they keep loading me with ppi's. Yea granted it gets rid of the acid, But that tightness centre chest never goes, Surely one would think if the acid is not there that should go away too right? So i end up panicing myself thinking its more as unfortunetely my nan passed away years ago from stomach cancer. Does anyone have an experience of this and any solutions apart from damn ppi's which just seem to be a complete copout? 

Thanks

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you had a endoscopy ? To see what's going on inside ?

ppis can cause bloating due to reducing acid too much so food stays in your gut longer !

causing bactieia which cause gas bloating so the cure can be the cause after a while .

i was forced to change my diet I cut out all they say is bad for gerd and reintroduce 1 a week to find acid triggers everyone's different 

you need to find the triggers in your diet and get rid of the bacteria which can cause worse things than gerd

• Posted

No havn't had enoscopy as when i asked they said its only a procedure they recommend only if necessary sad 

It seems everything causes it when i dont take anything! Absolute nightmare!

• Posted

Ask for an endoscophy it is your right, i was given ppis before i had a diagnosis, ok i took them for a bit but i said that i want an endoscophy to know what i was being treated for, i had gastitis but at least i knew then!
  • Posted

Also the ppis i was on(omeprezole) after a wbile caused a horrible gas in my stomach, at first i thought it was the gastitis but it was the tablets, this happened after being on them for some weeks, so be aware you may have side effects from tablets and not your original problem causing it!
  • Posted

Its an absolute life style change you need.  Eat small amounts often.  Well chewed slowly and lemon juice tsp & water afterwards.  Get a water filter and make sure all water drunk is pH9+ ALKALINE: your body is sounds to be so so very cidic.  Stick to fish, fruit, vegs, salads, nuts and seeds, NO dairy, caffeine or alcohol.  Rice, almond, or hemp milk.  No meals/drinks after 6.30pm  until 6.30 am +.  I have stopped red meat, eggs, wheat, chocolate. ACV tbsp before a meal in warm water.  Slippery elm drink 3/4 times a day and or aloe vera 3/4 times a day.  Hope it helps bit by bit.  Sandy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.