Got a date for surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

i saw my dr today who bumped me forward due to my constant spotting and backache. i go for laprascopic hysterectomy along with uterosacral ligament suspension on dec 27th. im am nervous but pleased i have a date. has anyone else had these procedures together x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

good job Mary that's great. not had the suspension only tvh but it's very commonly done.

yiu will be fine

• Posted

I had my OP done at 9am Monday morning and went home Wednesday lunch time.

I couldnt if gone home next day as I had bad cramps but that wore off by Wednesday and had 3bhr car journey back but I was fine. x

• Posted

Hi Mary,

Sounds like we will be in same boat. I'm scheduled for a laprascopic hysterectomy on the 26th. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to have it done.

• Posted

more than ready! may i ask why you are having it done? mine is due to uterine prolapse and heavy periods . the only time i worry is about the anesthetic as i am larger x

• Posted

I have fibroids. I've never had regular periods always break through bleeding. I had a really bad bleeding episode out in public and decided I can't live with the pain, bleeding and large blood clots anymore.

• Posted

can i ask your age i am 42. i have my pre op appointment on dec 16 have you had yours yet x

• Posted

I'm 40. Yes already had my pre op. Got my bowel prep instructions and they sound so fun!

• Posted

i didnt realise a bowel prep was needed, i hope its not the same one as you need for a colonoscopy that was grim lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.