Got a party tonight, my faaaaavourite....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Basically, I hadn't see these people in a few months, like they are friends, but obviously with anxiety just didn't want to go out, anyway, one of the friends got in contact with me, another one had before but I just didn't want to go, but this other friend coaxed me, because like it's a catch 22 situation - I don't want to go outside and meet them (they're in a town about a 20 min drive away) but I don't want to lose them as friends...

Anyway, the friend who tried to contact me before is planning a party tonight, and wants me to come - and I am sweating and feeling sick and everything, and I don't know what to say without out right trying to help him understand how crippling social anxiety can be. It's so wierd, because I helped said friend out this morning, including driving her somewhere I hadn't been, and I was fine, then a couple hours later, massive feeling of "I need to get out of here" came over me, I made up an excuse, and here I am, sweating over my next move. God, I hate this sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's not easy to associate with others when you suffer from anxiety yourself, but maybe that is the very thing you should be doing instead of staying in and looking at the four walls and thinking too much about your problem.

After all, you would not have been invited if they hadn't really wanted to see you.

If you do decide to go out try to stay off alcohol is it can make your situation worse.

Best wishes

Rod

• Posted

This is a big problem, I know he invited me because he does want to see me, and I massively appreciate his friendship, especially since I was so void of friends at school and, being unemployed, it's nice to have a couple of friends, but I know I wouldn't enjoy myself and I feel I'd make a big scene....
    • Posted

But there is always the good chance that you might enjoy yourself.

Friends are really good at distracting us from our troubles, and consoling us when they know what problems we have.

At the end of the day Jack it is up to you to make the final decision, but I would say that by not going you might feel that you have let yourself and them down, and this could deepen your anxiety which is the very thing that you should not do at this time.

• Posted

I hate mornings. They suck. I try crying my anxiety away. I cant believe docs cant help me. I dont look forward to anything. Its in my legs arms head shoulders.

Why live?

• Posted

i no what your going through ken i feel the same way , i all so get it in the legs arms head and shoulders ,just relentless allways on edge , no life 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.