got a strange call today reg pip has anyone here had the same call.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a pip home visit done last week , I recoded it on my lap top , and I think it went well but not sure yet . the  person that done the home visit as far as I can tell was spot on and I was happy with it ,

well today I got a phone call asking how it went and how I rated the visit ext.

I explained I thought it was very good and was surprised it went that good,

then I was asked if I would liked the visit to have been filmed for my record and there's I says that my home visit was recorded , but the lady on the phone says no would I have liked it videoed      said I wanted to have it film myself . as then it would show if in some cases they may not understand someone's illness and also show if someone is making false claims , so it would work both ways , this sounds as if they may be filming home visits soon , if you had this call let use know, are they changing the rules and if so will it be every benefit ,,     

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There is talk about them starting to video record face 2 face assessments, but at the moment it's just talk and there's no plans or any further updates regarding this.

• Posted

yes I found it strange , I myself would find it better for both sides.as I just hate that some people in need are having there world turned up side down .  
    • Posted

I think it would be a good idea aswell, especially if more people, particularly those who are unable through their anxiety, were to appeal due to having evidence both visual and verbal. I think the appeal rate would increase and more people would be awarded what they are entitled to. It hopefully would show the true number of claimants dissatisfied with their assessment outcomes. Currently the DWP pride themselves on only 8% of claimants appealing even although half of the 8% win their tribunal appeal. This means that they brag about 92% of claimants being 'satisfied' with the process and their award. I think we all know that a lot of them are so worn down by the procedure they are put through that they can not mentally deal with the appeals process. I think filming the assessment can only be a good thing that will give claimants the motivation needed to appeal.. I'm betting there'll be a massive decrease in the 92% showing a more realistic number rather than the deluded DWP's estimation of 'satisfied' customers.

• Posted

the only problem I see is if the use the footage ,for other things .
    • Posted

Of course they would have to get full permission off every single claimant before they could record anything. I think it's a good idea too, lets hope it's put into action soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.