Got Botox for chronic anal fissure (recovery not as expected)

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello everyone,

I have a chronic fissure with skin tags. Before opting for botox treatment, i tried all diet and lifestyle changes as well as used GTN for 5-6 weeks but relief was very minimal. After BM i used to be in pain for several hours. Finally went to the surgeon and he advised me chemical sphincterotomy (botox and excision of skin tags). i got this procedure done under general anesthesia 10 days ago. however i am in more pain and agony now than i was before the surgery. i am taking movicol and lactulose syrup and eating high fiber diet and drinking sufficient water but i really have to strain during my bowel movements which causes me so much pain during and after BM. the entire day is filled with agony. i feel like this procedure is not working for me as it should have. i want to remain hopeful but with constant pain, where i cant even sit or sleep in peace is really taking its toll on my mental and physical health. i am also using dilitiazem cream twice a day as recommended by my surgeon. i do sitz bath too multiple times a day and after each BM but the relief is no where near... i am getting super depressed and i cant even take painkillers to mute the pain since they make me super constipated. will i ever get my normal life back?

can you please share any tips and experiences regarding your anal fissure journey and whether you found permanent relief after botox? I would also like to know about people's experiences regarding LIS SURGERY.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hi,

I had Botox done and it did not help me but it did not make me worse. The pain you might be experiencing could be from the excision of the skin tag which will probably take a bit of time to heal.

I had tried creams, and Botox. nothing cured me but I was able to manage OK with Nifidepine ointment but I decided to get the LlS. I am 10 weeks out and I feel much better. It was a very rough recovery for me. Took me full 8 weeks to stop feeling pain after BM. And now if I eat too much fiber, the incision gets aggravated so the incision is still healing. I am hoping by month 3 the incision will have completely healed. The fissure is completely healed 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.