got my ultrasound today

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi..i got my pelvic ultrasound today.. first time i had this ultrasound because i got a pain when i have the periods..my gp refer me through this..i m trying for the baby for last 2 and a half year but no sucess.the girl which did my ultrasound done in 5 minutes...i asked her that every thing is al;right? she said me i dont know your gp will tell you...

i m too much tensed that why she hasnt told me? is everything will b ok?or they are not allowed to tell me?please v thankful if anybody help me..thanks 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Candy--I understand that the ultrasound techs are REQUIRED to have your doctor tell you the results/interpretation.  I wouldn't panic yet, as that is standard protocol.  Good luck and I hope that you get good news!
  • Posted

There's no need to panic. It's a matter that they aren't allowed to tell us ANYTHING! I find it frustrating because I know they know! Now you just have to play the waiting game. Good luck.confused
  • Posted

I suppose there is a reason for them having to keep quiet. Once after a heart ultrasound I did ask the nurse if it looked okay to her, and she just said she wasn't allowed to tell me but if she was me she wouldn't worry. smile  'Nuff said.
  • Posted

Off topic, but this made me chuckle - things have certainly changed from nearly 40 years ago when I went for a pregnancy X-ray at 30 weeks (before ultrasound was routinely available) and the two radiographers greeted me in the corridor outside my changing room to tell me I was having twins! I wonder if they would be allowed to do this today? It wasn't ideal.

Please don't worry Candy, these results have to be analyzed by a qualified practitioner and can't be given to your by the person doing the ultrasound. 

Best wishes

• Posted

Aww wow chrissie you have twins...nice to hear..any how Thankx for your help.
  • Posted

Hi I had an MRI scan recently and the staff told me that they are no longer allowed to give results as they may misinterpret something on the xray or scan.  They told me a story where someone was told they had nothing wrong only to be later informed by the consultant they had cancer.  As a result of the first information the patient had gone ahead celebrated and booked a holiday that they had to cancel.  They had incurred a lot of cost buying clothes etc. Hence now they were not allowed to give results for fear of being sued.  I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.