Got this swelling on the mornings first, now it lasts for hours

Posted , 3 users are following.

Also my nostril is sometimes blocked before or after sleep, and there is no way I can sneeze it out or clean with a wooden stick with a cotton swab. My local ophthalmologist and otorhinolaryngologist said there is nothing to be worried about, but that was about a year ago.

I also have a heavy form of acne for 4 years, and I was once diagnosed with demodex, but my treatment with benzyl benzoate and retinoids didn't help it.

I am going to local clinic again, but would also appreciate your opinions.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I also had bad nasal blockage issues and saw and ENT who said my sinuses were chronically inflamed. To immediately reduce the blockage, use a decongestant. But only for 3 days as you can get addicted to that stuff. Then I switched to flonase (Costco was the cheapest) for about 3 weeks. Be cautious because this is a steroid and long use is not good. Then I used XClear nasal spray that I bought from Amazon and did 8 sprays each nostril before bed to lossen mucus up and snort it in (I've read the blowing your nose only pushes more mucus into your sinuses). I then took those used XClear bottles, filled them with water and added salt to the point where it didn't irritate my nose. I continue to use the salt/water mix and my nose has been clear for almost a year.

I also tried the Nettle pot, but that won't help until you get you nose unplugged. I didn't like the Nettle Pot but many people swear by it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.