Got to change

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have problems with my moods and ways I deal with situations at home. I am 41 years old, still stay with my parents. Got learning difficulties, got a ilestomy. I have outbursts and swear, been to Anger Mangemnt it work. I am seeing a thearpist 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephany,

im sorry to hear about your troubles and offer you the hand of friendship should you ever need to talk. I'm glad the anger management is working and that you are seeing a therapist. I would imagine your therapist has introduced you to relaxation techniques such as meditation, mindfulness etc but if not I would look into them. are you on anxiety medication? Anyway I hope you stay strong and keep in touch

• Posted

Yes, I am on meds for anxiety. I meant to say that anger mangement didn't work. Thank you for your support.
    • Posted

Okay Stephaney,

all is not lost, sometimes we have to keep pushing on trying different things and persevering with others to keep on top of our feelings. You are strong and it is your mind and you can control it. I would speak to your GP about your concerns and definitely try meditation and relaxation they really do help. Maybe try a different anger management group or CBT

• Posted

Thank you for your advice, will keep you in mind david
  • Posted

Stephaney, sympathy for your problems. I have been teaching junior high for a while now, and I see the kids with learning disabilities (and I have some too) and it is really hard for you (and me and them). And I just looked up ilestomy and having that must be really frustrating too. I think that my mother is somewhat autistic, and she tends to have fits of anger that she can't really control. Maybe it is similar to you?

I realize that, along with my psychiatric problems, I have emotional problems that make my life less peaceful. I think it is important to look at both sides. If you don't sleep well, if you are brooding a lot (which can lead to anger), then anti-depressants might help. 

You are heading into menopause years too, and I was getting really short-tempered when I started that journey. I used progesterone cream, and that really helped me. I don't know what will help you, but I encourage you to try this and that. Big hug to you.

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, I am on anti depressants. Yes, having other problems too dosen't help neither. My anger issues started in my teenage years, they have gotten worse as have gotten older. Thank for your advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.