Got to have surgery I am devastated

Posted , 6 users are following.

After having been off work for 3 months , I have a slipped disc and went hospital yesterday. And they told me there referring me to see a surgeon. All I done is cry I really hope it get better by itself and it is a bit better then what it was . But as soon as I try and do things I can feel it and then makes it hard to do things .... my question is the lady said there's 2 options the injection and something else . I was so upset I didn't get all info , so does anyone have a idea what be the best to go for ? Am just praying for a miracle that this goes before surgery

Thanxs

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a microdisectomay 2 years ago. It is a very common small back surgery, mine took 20 mins although I was out for 3 hours with the general anasthetic. You'll need 6 weeks off work with  progressive physio. 

Best thing I had done, the injections were offered, but I didn't see the point in delaying matters. I could see from the MRI intervention was needed.

Seriously, don't worry about it. You just need to take it steady after the operation.

Check out this utube video and then seek out Mckenzie and Pelvic tilt exercises 

'Understanding Lower Back Pain & Sciatica - McKenzie Institute® , Dr. Yoav Suprun'

• Posted

Thanks , in me mind if am no better was the injection . Think just all scares me to be honest , thing is when am resting apart from feeling pins and needles at time the pain not that bad it's when I done things then the pain there for the rest of the day . Feels like I woke it up and it's saying am still here lol well guess I just have wait and see what they suggest for the time I will keep exercise and juSt plod on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.