got to live with it

Posted , 3 users are following.

Got told i had this cervical spondilosis & there's nothing i can do,

all day & all night im in pain,it wont let up,i cant go any further than

about 15 miles on my motorcycle without loseing the feeling in my arm.

you get the feeling nobody gives a toot.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, my Husband is of the same attitude. He feels that sometimes the Doc's think that it is all in his head???!!!! What utter crap! I witness the pain he goes through every day and it has got so bad with the numbness in his left arm and loosing the power in it and pins and needles that he drops things sometimes also. He cannot drive very far either - in fact only when really necessary and doesn't even like travelling in the passenger seat as every bump we go over kills him and he ends up having to double up on pain killers.
  • Posted

sorry to hear about your problem, people seem to think that because they cant see anything, there is nothing there. has anyone tried accupuncture it is supposed to help, not for me unfortunately. i am on oxycontin which is heavy duty stuff and knocks you out. has anyone mbeen to their local pain clinic, they are very helpful. being depressed is part of it all, and doctors thinking it is all in the head. you have to know your limits and be careful. numbness is also part of it and it is so weird and no respite
  • Posted

Hi again,

Its strange to think im not alone with this,I have just ended up in hospital due to cervical spondilosis as i lost feeling in my arm & hand thus dropping a piece of large furniture & it came down on top of me, this is after i informed my employers of my condition only to be told i had to be cost effective,now im on sick leave & in a lot of pain,

• Posted

people dont realise that because they cant see what is going on that we dont suffer, having had this problem for 16.5 yrs you get used to what happens and what to do about it. as i am typing this my left hand is tingling and going numb.keep your chin up and get all the support you can
  • Posted

Hi I can relate wholeheartedly with you - I experienced tingling and numbness in my arm and fingers, plus pain in my shoulder.

I was sent for MRI and diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. My employer, before this was diagnosed, was very sceptical about the whole thing. Now I have a diagnosis I feel as if I have something to bargain with and am so please it is not \"all in my head\". I find physio is helping me at the moment, but I am considering changing my job due to the pressure my current job puts on my neck. Sad but true. But we have to think of our health!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.