gout

Posted , 9 users are following.

hello,ive had gout for 15years started in feet,now keep getting it bad in both knees badly where i can not stand atal or get up from bed or leave it, its throbing ,burning,and fills like all my tendons have shunk, the pain is out of this world,ive taken every drug on here  ive read,but still get attacts from month to month, what do you do to get past your attact qouick ,as i cant hold a job down with it, as bosses dont see blood they think you putting it on,i wish they could have it to see how painfull it is.so as anyone found quick remerdy please help as again am in my 3rd day in bed again in loads pain as am writing this m,s,g dont no what i would do with out my old mum running around for me, pls help 😞😢

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

What are you using to treat your gout? Something along the lines Febuxostat or Allopurinal or Benzbromarone plus Colchicine?

When was the last time you had a blood test to check uric acid levels?

For really bad pain I have been prescribed Colchicine, Morphine and Tramadol plus Indomethecine and a low dose steroid. However if these don't work after a couple of days go to your GP for a steroid injection which work very quickly you just can't have them that often

Let me know how you get on

Thanks

• Posted

thankyou very much chris, i use them meds,but going to ask my doc,bout the morphine,and steroid injection.

great help

Andy

• Posted

hi chris again do you no how i can print your msg off so i can take along with me to my docs, as i cant see a print button for it on this page ??

Andy

• Posted

See your doctor! The pain is too intense to deal with, been there and it hurts I know.

I was really helped with pain pills and a shot of some type of steroid for my wrist which was so soar I couldn't stand for it to touch anything and even when I didn't touch anything it still hurt emencely. I've found no quick remedy. But start to eat and change your body to being more alkaline. Google gout foods, gout diet, webMD, etc. Start eating more fruits and vegetables. I went without meat for 6 weeks until mine cleared up. Fats and high triglicerides, purines and acid are overloading your kidneys so they are not sending them all out of your body. Sugar also gives you inflimation that adds to your problem. The only sugar I got for the fists 6 weeks was from fruit. I cut out bread, rice, pasta, and HFCS. 

I eat smaller portions of steak only once a month now. Pretty mush stay away from shell fish and sausage, hot dogs & burgers. Switch to skim or 1% milk and don't skip breakfast. You want to try for 5-6 fruits per day ( a fruit cup could have all ) the same for vegetables ( a good salid could have all ). After a few weeks you will be amazed at how sweet an apple, peach or pineapple or strawberry will seem. Drink lots of water and avoid drinks with sugar and acids in them like gator aid and iced tea. I haven't had a soda in almost a year and half. Lots of sugar in the sodas. I'm not taking any meds for gout just eating healthy but I did when the pain was so bad. After the first 6 weeks no more meds for me. But do what you need to do for your well being. Best wishes Andy. And save the info you get for the gout you'll probably want to go over it again and again.

• Posted

thanks timothy great advice in 4/6 months time i let you no how it goes

Andy

• Posted

You can print the entire page or just copy and paste my comment into notepad or word

Thanks

• Posted

I feel for you as a fellow sufferer. It seems doctors have no means of help and I found it odd when taking travel insurance out to be told gout does not appear on our computer as a illness . I only use paracetamol to kill the pain and though I have to take it several times a day it's worth it. My doctor does give me them.
  • Posted

Hey Andy I have the same problem... Drink lots of water and cherry juice the more concentrated stuff. I also went to the doctor and got some cochicine... It's seems to help quite a lot. See your post is older but hope you get this info mate.
  • Posted

You should drink about 1 cup of our not from concentrate black cherry juice, take it twice a day... Say 1cup each time, and stay away from foods that add to the gout problem. Try this it does work, I had the same issue you had in the knee.
  • Posted

For a great overview of gout, treatment, diet, Dr. William Martin from UCLA health has a u-tube video - I highly recommend watching it.

I find that for gout symptoms, 3000 GDU Bromelain is much, much more effective in releaving pain in your joints - much more effective than Colchicine, and much less expensive too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.