Gout

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had pain in my left big toe for the last 2 years on and off but the last couple of weeks it's been hurting more and more so I went doctors and he said it sounds like you have gout will have to do some bloods so had my blood taken today just waiting on results now the pain is now traveling up my leg and now it's in my knee it's stopping me from walking it lasts about 10 mins then disappears I've never felt pain like it so horrible it stops me in my tracks any ideas would be helpful

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

OMG!  So sorry to hear!  Definitely see the doc. You may wish to try this all-natural product that’s patented and known to reduce uric acid levels. It’s called “Patented Turmeric Formulation” and it’s available on Amazon. The product is a custom formula based on turmeric and has lots of research behind it. It’s worth a shot - and I think you can get a free sample on the company site.  Best of luck and hang in there!!!

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

So sorry to hear that you are in pain.  Please look into the research on celery seed extract.  It reduced pain from gout by over 70 % in two human studies.  It comes in capsule form and is quite inexpensive.  The study said you should get 75 mg. twice daily and that the extract should be 85 % 3nB.  (3nB is the substance in celery which everyone is talking about).  Good luck!  (I bought some a week ago and so far so good).  Other people on this forum use it as well.
  • Posted

Also I forgot to mention, are you taking any meds which have gout as a side effect.  Some BP meds and even baby aspirin does.  You can talk to your doctor about this.  Did eating any particular food seem to trigger the attack?  You can look into which foods are highest in purines.  If you have gout some foods are definitely not recommended.
  • Posted

Hey - I feel your pain.   Weird that it's 'traveling' though ... I'm a gout veteran and it invades one joint and stays there in my experience.   I do find that the supporting muscles may go stiff because of walking awkwardly to favour the affected toe or whatever.     Maybe it's that.   Anyway, it's agony.   Interested to hear what your blood tests reveal.   Just a question ... do you drink enough water?    

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.