Gout Cure At Last

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my first gout attack about 10 years ago.

At the beginning I was having attacks every 6 months. Then gradually I was getting them

every 3 months, then every month and eventually every week.

It started at my big toe and then it was moving sometimes in my knees,and generally all

around my joints, in my feet.And the pain was agonising.

I have tried all the cures you can imagine.I tried ACV, lemons, drinking a lot of water, but

to no avail.I tried water fasting, juice fasting,baking soda, again without success.

I almost gave up meat, limiting it to only once a week ,gave up alcohol completely,again

no success.

I was living on vegetables, lots and lots of fresh fruit, milk ,cheese beans and so on .My

eating habits could not be healthier ,or so I thought.But my gout was worsening.

Then I decided to increase the amount of fruit I was consuming, thinking that if some fruit

is healthy, more fruit will be more healthy.Some days I was eating fruit only ,others over 10

portions a day.

And alas my gout instead of improving it became chronic ,it was there all the time.

I was desperate I did not know what to do.

And then one day accidentally I read an article about fructose,which is contained in fruit in

large quantities.It said that it increases uric acid, in a matter of minutes.

Fructose is also present in table sugar, and in HFCS, which is used in soft drinks.

I put two and two together and realised what I was doing wrong.

I stopped eating fruit and all other sugars, for a period of 3 weeks,and by magic I saw a

dramatic improvement.Pain was gone, swelling was gone, I was fine.

I re introduced fruit again in my diet but reducing them to 1 or 2 a day, and my gout completely

disappeared.

I do eat more meat now, and occasionally have an alcoholic drink, and thank God everything

seems to be fine.

Fructose was my enemy.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ummm how do you call that solved? :-)

If that keeps you pain free till you die then that is called solved. You can go years without Gout attack while it is silently doing it's dirty work inside.

Get your blood uric levels tested and keep them below 5mg/dl. If what you are doing is keeping it under that then good but keep a regualr eye on it.

• Posted

Sorry to put a downer on you,but i would bet that it will come back,I went 2 years without it,Had it non stop for the last 6 months now.Its a simple fact that its heredity.Again sorry!
  • Posted

Well I am very grateful for this info and am pleased that you shared it with us Tony. Some people just find it hard to hear that others have found an alternative way of healing their pain!  Thank you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.