Gout foot support

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI, has any body used anything on the foot, such as elastic bandages, ankle supports etc, to help with a bad flare up?

I suspect he answer will be no as even the bed covers can be painful on a foot at night. I am just trying to find anything to help my hub with this really bad flare up following him starting his new meds.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, no, can't think of anything. Try to wear some thick, soft socks because maybe the warmth helps a little, and it helps protect from bumping into things, but have to sleep with the foot up on a pillow and no covers on it.

Can't he switch back to colchicine for a while, or something?

• Posted

Thanks. He is supposed to take it with his feboxostat but both affect his stomach quite badly so he hasn't been taking it. He feels really rotten with the meds and his foot is worse than ever but they did say it may get worse before it gets better.

• Posted

Have to discuss with the doctor then. Maybe try alternate meds alternate days? Or just buckle down for a bad week.

• Posted

Hi potency Bromelain (GDU > 2800) is the best remedy that I've found, works well with colchicine too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.