Government answer to mental health

Posted , 2 users are following.

After suffering many years of mental health issues, vasts amounts of medications, stints in psychiatric wards, professional help from psychiatrists, councillors etc etc my stress, anxiety, paranoia and other issues coming together, a letter from the deposit has just undone all the work that has been done? I cannot sit in rooms full of people, and in past even become violent to leave that environment as claustrophobic panic stricken etc, I now here I have to visit a medical assessment centre, my worse fear of all, I have taken all medication to alleviate stress today, why can't they assess me in my own home? I was going to end my life before but my psychiatrist has kindly said he will write and advise assessment be at home, let's hope this happens or I swear, my death will be by fire and I will do it in the office I'm made to go through for assessment? I am ready to die yet again only now I have a purpose, no one else should be made to suffer the anguish I'm going through, im happy to be assessed but It is impossible for me to go miles on buses and sit in a room with many others, I would rather die

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Just to add, when david Cameron said on pmqs when asked why so many have killed themselves since these assessments, his answer was "people who kill themselves have many issues" I agree? What opposition should of said was "yes" but by giving them more is not helping? I was starting to do ok? Medication and psychiatric care was finally beginning to work, I could picture myself having a future and a desire to live was bearing fruit, now, unlike others, I actually know the day my life will end and it will end dramatically, I have no more of the medication I need and cannot get any until 18th August as is earliest appointment I can get at doctors. My life was becoming worth while although still had problems, now I believe I've lived this long to make my death worth while for others and I'm finding splice in that thought yet it is still frustrating as I cannot do it right now or would be pointless and selfish, I will die for others and in a blaze of "glory" instead of taking tablets and going asleep silently

• Posted

Hey Night Owl, you seem to put alot of energy into your ever closer Death.Where has all this passion come from? Are you feeling anger towards the way you have been treated, or are you fed up with your situation and ultimatly yourself? It seems you see your suicide is the final solution to your not being very adaptable to a crowd like situation. You feel anxiety when leaving the house, agoraphobia is a reconised medical condition, there is no reason why they would make you travel when you suffer from this. Is it more of an issue that the anxiety is coming from the fear that you may not collect your benefits had will have financial worries? You mention an office, surely your not working at the moment? If you are not well (which I have no doubt you are not) you have nothing to worry about. Now I'm all for a good suicide, but only when it's someone truly is better off out of this world. I think you are windind yourself up when you should just address each problem individually and chill out a bit. Just out of interest, which people will you be dieing for. Not being crude, but that kind of death is at most entertaining for a sick few, and at least a two sentenced bit in your local paper. Wouldn't you be better off and more productive if you tried to get better and work to help others in your situation and open the eyes of the public? Hope you get your visis soon so as put you at ease, Al    

• Posted

Wow, your reply was authentic and also inspiring and I thank you for taking the time to do so, my leaving a msg here is deffo not a cry for help yet I understand exactly what u say, it's hard to put in a txt but please let me assure u my problem is not about money, I have infact over years say I do not need what I'm given and offered yet more which o have refused, I cannot at this moment go into the reasons why I'm so in turmoil about my present situation and u would probably find it disimteresting if I did, I have issues that I sm working through and was coming to a conclusion and for once in many many years I was ok, with being unable to mix on things like buses or shops etc I've managed to save quite abit and would survive with no more help from government but my prob is, when coming up from being down for many many years, kicking ya in the mickey is not going to help? My psychiatrist agrees, I was making so much progress yet since had this letter I've taken my wks lot of lorazapam, double usual quitiapine and as u say, does my life meen nothin to me? On the contrary, my life now seems to make sense? I'm no fool, had many friends, travelled most parts of the world and no, I'm not down cos I don't d that anymore, my brain is as in chaos because of things friends m past, it took ok many years to help me start get head around things, I go hospital 3 Times a week and cos oft predict they let me in b4 opens pretty properly for others? Yes, I'm lucky, I have to get for blood tests 3times a month but with my car notion they can't me to mine, I understand what government is trying to do and agree for most part, myself I have dofficially walking, if in a room m with others including buses that nga Echo and I get paro and slip into situations of the past and memories flood back making me dangerous? The thing is, I was doing so well then in April I received letter thanking me for my service and I have no reason to worry about my future? 3 months later I have to go into a worse nightmare than I was in? As I said in original posts, I was fuming and willing to die, not for 2secnds in the paper, but my life meens nothing to me now, I have money, I have family, I have friends, in many ways I am so lucky, but to threaten to take my flat from me if I don't attend an aopointmdnt I cannot possibly make is a statement I will happily die for so others, in the 5 mins in paper will not have to? I do nt know you and I honestly hate or you are well and never feel as hopeless as I d right gut now; I be been in that position and saw other people's problems as an amusement, I sincerely hope you never feel so desperate.

• Posted

Visas? Hope that is a typo? I'm thorough bred English me and done my bit for my country, that's in the past, this is now, I thznk you for your participation in my dilemma but please give be your head a wobble if contribute again, you are pretty badly a nice person but honestly I would much more apreciate constructive criticisms than a plonker jumping the gun thinking he knows me? Or what I've decided ne, seen? Thank you

• Posted

Indeed that was a typo. Sorry about that. Saddly I do know were you are comming from Night Owl, and I would implore you to not unsubscribe from this site. At no point did I find your post ammusing. The issue's that you have need to be addressed. It's not the reason that you wanted to commit suicide, rather the way you wanted to that was a point to touch on. I do not belive for one second that you are not an educated person, on the contary, you have a very creative mind, like alot of people on here. You say you have been around and seen alot and I should imagine had a fair share of problems. I don't claim to know what they are, but surely there is a reason that you made it far and had kids, something must be giving you strength. You have kids, that obviously means something to you? No one will ever trully know who you are or the depth of your problems  from a few words or many words, they can only take a glimpse of what little there is to look at. I find the threat of suicide a very personal thing, something that I would not broadcast in a flamboyant fashion, but thats just me, and my advice is the only advice I give on here. We could trawl through the books and search for what we are supposed to say, but what would be the point of comming on here? You have the knowledge to help yourself, you just need to find out how to use it. The Government dosen't know you either so don't take what they do personally, they are just ticking their little boxes, obliviouse to anything else. I hope you can come back on here and talk about your issues, regarding meds, episodes, problems and issues you have, things we can maybe help or give advice to. I really do hope you get out of this hole Night Owl.

PS. My Head has always been a Wobble.

• Posted

PPS: I also think your imput would be of Help to others with their issues.
  • Posted

I hope they listen to your doctor.. they see abled body.. are able to go & be assessed. .I myself went thr the same years ago..& now they seem so much harsher. I wish u good luck x

• Posted

5sharon, thank you so much for you reply post, you obviously know what I meen when I saw it is causing unessassary stress. You are a diamond and I appreciate your kind reply? I think I will be ok but the uncertainty is overwhelming, it truely is not about money, I am able to support myself for a while but to put me through my worse fears to keep my 1 bedroom flat in a lovelly area with lovelly neighbours Ii, and I don't say this lightly, would of rather died whilst doing my bit with my brothers, thank you for your kind reply

• Posted

5sharon, I would just like to add, apart from trip advisor I don't use forums but like tripadvisor ya get good reviews and bad, some take pics under the bed cos see fluff or by pool see a broken tile, idiots to me, then ya get reviews that help and make ya feel better and is true, like the msg you sent, it has helped me so much and I truelt appreciate you participating and replying, thank you thsnk you thank you

• Posted

???????? that made me laugh .. I'm also on trip advisor too . I remember going to turkey gumbet ( not a nice place ) but cheap?? there were English gobby women with small children waiting for their transfer.. we just arrived, they were warning us off about the hotel saying it's awful & the food is crap it's all turkish food apart from chips... Hillarious. They done a review really slating the place .. the facts are they would of got this hotel & flights for around £220 all Inc . So I done one just after saying.. "don't pay peanuts & expect the ritz" & that was my 1st review ??????

• Posted

I totally understand you. Iv gone through all this with the bedroom tax .. made me have a relapse .. Iv lived in my home 21 years .. its just cruel ..when u have mental illness it's not just about the moving it's change.. change is massive ..change causes so many punches to the head .. I don't think u have anything to worry about tho ya no.. do u feel better for getting it off your chest? I always hold it all in then explode mentally to myself.. propa evil ..then get the bottle to get it off my chest by phoning some1 in the system .. I wish I could do that 1st though.

• Posted

Just to appologise guys? You obviously don't know me or my issues, I woll unsubscribe in the morning, I came to this site in desperation, my meening fell to n deaf of misunderstood ears? I thank you all for your time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.