gp apt re cushings

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had my long awaited gp (uk) apt today to discuss my private cortisol blood which was 893 taken at 9am (range 171-536) his first words were you dont look like someone with cushings, i told him about my osetoporisis, central weight gain, hump (which i think i have i will try and upload a photo,) he dismissed it all, then he said give me a few mins too read up about cushings lol, he then took another cortisol and glucose blood I will get the results next week if it is high he will contact the head of endocrinology, am not sure why he took the gluose blood x

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Unfortunately I developed an infection in my brain which although diagnosed by my GP was not treated by my neuro surgeon for 2 years.  This meant that I was ill for a long time.  I am sure that an infection is rare so don't be worried!
    • Posted

sorry to hear that vicky, why did it take 2 years for your neuro too treat it, what were your symptoms of a brain infection xx
    • Posted

I find that a lot of doctors are too dismissive and dont really listen to what patients say. A Brain infection can be mega serious and to wait two years !!! You were very lucky Vicky !. I had a CSF leak after my pituitary surgery and my doctors were very careful checking daily that everything was ok. I think i even had 4 Post op MRI's in those first 4 months. I had Inflammation of the optic nerve which affected my eye sight in my left eye...but its ok now. I have also had sinus infections on and off since surgery. I think its because they go thru the nose to do the surgery and now my Nasal cavity is very dry. If i forget to use my nasal spray it gets sore n nasty EEKKK. But I am sooooooo much better now than i was pre surgery so its all been well worth it smile

• Posted

For some reason my Endocrinologist and me surgeon did not think that I still had an infection as my G.P. had quite rightly treated this.  However the terrible and I mean terrible headaches continued and I was in hopsital for some time to control the pain.  Eventually I had a test for sinus problems and they found the infection there so then I was operated on for that and then operated on by the brain guy.  I am now off the morpine and the Gabapentin.  Had IV antibiotics for 3 months and hopefully things are now better.  I still get headaches but control it withTramadol and Mardol.  Back to see the Endo next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.