GP double and triple standards

Posted , 1 user is following.

Firstly I'm well aware there are probably plenty of excellent,patient centred GP's out there....but not in my case,unfortunately.

However,whilst they're rightly proud of,and often extremely precious regarding their qualifications,and usually extremely keen to emphasise that we,as patients mustn't ever even dream of going to see anyone who isn't fully and professionally qualified and accredited,when it suits them those rules appear to go straight out of the window.

My question is this,given what's written above:-

Why are they often more than happy to send people with various mental health disorders,many severe,and often with life threatening consequences,to speak with someone,often not even face to face (CBT etc.) who's probably had a few weeks intensive training,and knows far more about the latest colouring books on sale at The Works than they do about complex functions and dysfunctions of the human brain.

Is it just to get us awkward so and so's off their backs for a while so they can count their money in peace,or do some simply not really care what happens to us?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

....I'm aware of the dreadful shortage of appointments to see Psychiatrists/Psychologists,and that CBT etc. can be a helpful stop-gap for some folks,though I also know of many including myself,for whom that would be much akin to the proverbial pi**ing in the wind,and therefore wholly inappropriate.

Hope I've cleared that one up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.