Gp reluctant not to give me injections

Posted , 2 users are following.

What injection would they suggestate for a disc protrusion. As I've heard about injections,but my gp is reluctant not to give me .... why I can't understand . At moment on trupan patches but getting allergic reactions and medication don't help . Can someone please anewer my question .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you have allergies then these injection s can make u feel very poorly. I don't have allergies and I ended up in hospital for 5 days with a fever after my spinal block injection. Plus it didn't work they ar not designed to be a long term fix . My next stage is operation in may.

• Posted

Thank you for getting in contact Jessica. And thank you for warning me . The morphine patches I am on are giving me a real bad allergic reaction on my skin . It looks like burn marks. I suffer with depression with it which don't help and just want some advice about what to do . The injection sounded good but now you have said that I'm more cautious . But I guess il just have to take and gamble and try it because people have different side effects to andll medications.

Thank you for replying jess and good luck with you op

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.