GP says Hormones are normal but think I might be starting with perimenopause help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 44 years old and 3 months ago two weeks prior to my period I noticed aching in my hands leading up my arms and slight prickly feeling on my fingers. I have been going for a wee more frequently, and my period has become a lot shorter from average 4/5 days to 2max. I've had joint pain in just one of my fingers and yesterday pain in my foot. I have massive episodes of health anxiety and have convinced myself I have MS as my lovely mum died over 20 years ago at the age of 42. I'm going crazy and GP say bloods are normal but wants to send me to the hospital outpatient patients neurological due to pins and needles in my hands x has anyone experienced similar -help !!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to say this but GPS are petty usuless diagnosing perimenapause since they only go by blood results. Very annoying. You know your body and yourself that ypu ate going through it. Good luck with your hospital appointment. It is a good idea to get checked. All the best
    • Posted

Hi ImagineCelebi thanks for the reply! The GP was sooo dismissive and added that I was too young and all my bloods were fine !! Thanks for the support feel like I'm some kind of crazy woman x just have the long wait for the appointment and then the results x

• Posted

Sad that they are the same whereever you are. I am getting fed up with GPS and hospitals. I don't even trust the scans and xrays. I know it sounds crrazy. But when you know something is not right with you want answers from those professionals. And if they can't give us answers of course we end up with health anxiety because we look things up and come a cross many different illnesses. Your appointment will probably will take some time to come through but it sounds like just one of the odd peri symptoms. Try not to worry too much. Take care

• Posted

I think you should get an MRI to check for MS lesions just to ease your mind. Sounds like peri to me though, these things aren't unusual for it.

XO

• Posted

Hello there.

I am 50 and I started having perimenopausal symptoms in my late 30's.

I have the pins and needles sensation in my fingers and hands and in my foot too. Sometimes up my arms to the shoulders. I don't have it all the time but it comes and goes. It is a prickly feeling.

I live in the USA and the drs are so dismissive of my symptoms.

I swear they just want to do every test under the sun just s

o they make a few more dollars. I don't have insurance but I know I am menopausal.

These drs are clueless and uninformed about perimenopause and even menopause.

There are SO MANY symptoms.

Some weirder than you can imagine.

I have anxiety, health anxiety, weepiness, depression, agitation, irritation, anger, melancholy, ear/hearing problems, throat constriction, night sweats, cold flashes, hot flashes, thinning hair etc....

Hang in there. Get checked out by the Dr to ease your mind.

But know that perimenopause starts years before the actual MENOPAUSE.

Take care and best of luck.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.