GP1 treatment for type 2 diabetes

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having trouble controlling my blood sugar due to stress and depression. I’ve been told they want to start me on gp1 injections, has anyone used this form of treatment and did it help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have not used, but these drugs are common and typically effective.

What else have you tried, and how bad are your numbers?

• Posted

I haven’t heard of this and couldnt find anything other than advertisements when I did an online search.

You’ll have to try a search, but you may need a generic name, or you may need to do a search for comparisons of injectable diabetes meds.

• Posted

Hello!

Yes I am currently on the brand name Victoza and it lowers my blood sugar to normal within a week. Some people have side effect but they will pass. I felt a bit nauseated but start the shots off very slowly then build up. You will also lose some weight and have more energy. It has really helped me allot where metformin didnt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.