Grade 4 Hemorrhoidectomy surgery swelling and pain 8 weeks later

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Looking for folks who are at least two months out of H surgery, like me, and still experiencing:

1. intense pain with BMs, and bleeding 2 out of 3 BMs
  2. intense pain for two hours after morning BMs (sitz baths + Tylenol + steroid cream + Lidocaine help a bit).
  3. large swollen skin near anus, like a pink worm, hideous and unchanged since surgery.

For sure there is a tear or fissure that's protracting the pain, but the weird swollen tissue I don't understand eight weeks out.

The surgeon keeps saying it'll subside, but I'm seeing folks on this forum talking about a year later and no relief.

Thanks for any stories you might have!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I can't relate with 1 or 2 but 3 sounds like a skin tag which is super common after getting this surgery. I am 5 months post op surgery and 15 days op with a skin tag removal. Last night I still had 1 stitch from the tag removal but tonight it appears to be gone. It also still looks like I have a skin tag only it is higher up now. I was told to be patient and give it 6 weeks.

I doubt your surgeon would remove it this soon. I was still swollen from the surgery 8 weeks post op. Honestly, the best "looking" days for my butt is when I didn't poop. Just a bit too hard or too watery and I swell....skin tag too.

I never bled after my surgery so I have no help there but I read this forum for hours each day after my surgery and a lot of people did bleed Do you have the discharge too?

• Posted

hi

i am 6 months post surgery and i still have the worms looking tags that appeared straight after surgery and have not gone.

i was seen 8 weeks after my surgery and a fissure was confirmed which gave the same pain as yours. they gave me 8 weeks of diltazem cream. it appeared to of worked,

however last week i was a bit constipated and now i feel in pain again , tags swollen .

im starting the cream again.

the other option was more surgery but i really dont want to go down that road unless i have to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.