Gradual Hearing Loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

From December 2018 to September 2019, i went from mild to moderate/severe hearing loss in my left ear. I went to an ent who told me it was a sudden loss and probably due to a viral infection. He booked me an mri and it is not until Jan 7.

This week I have lost more hearing. I went to the ER and was given steriods. The ENTs there would not set me up for a scan and said it is more of a gradual loss and they can't help me. I was told to call my ENT on Monday. I tried calling him for days but couldnt get a hold of him. My family doctor told me to go to the er.

i also have a white patch on my left eardrum. Nobody call tell me what it is. I am p****d off that I am not being taken seriously. I have sensory hearing loss and my face twitches on my left side. I also have pain in my ear.

Has anyone had this happen to them? What was the outcome? I have gradual unilateral sensory hearing loss. No one can tell me what is going on.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

if i was yourself dont do anything to make things worse er dont manipulate your ears no have not had sensory loss but go to person for your hearing loss go to hospital for your self .. prescription for your pain

• Posted

I have been advocating for myself for months. It has gotten me no where. The er wouldnt help me because i already have an ENT. I have not been able to get a hold of him.

• Posted

Hearing loss is so psychologically painful, Aemm - as is sight loss. So a tiny problem (if it was on your hand, or chin) immediately becomes a major one.

Two things. See it as a minor problem which the medics can probably solve, in time. This might help your peace of mind. The second, make sure your inner workings are clear (eustachian tube, sinuses, etc); they are often neglected, even by professionals, in these issues.

• Posted

my sinuses are clear. i dont know about the tubes. This isnt just in my head. I have had hearing tests done that prove i am gradually losing more hearing. yet no one will ct or mri scan my head.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.