Gradual increase in headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

I saw a neurologist 4 months ago regarding headaches, apparently I have 2 types.

1 that is there all the time but is what I consider to be mild and then one that can be so strong it makes me stop everything as I can't think of focus.

I stated my symptoms to the neurologist as:

- Sensitive to light (light can even be too bright when wearing sunglasses)

- Strong headaches, sometimes burning, head in a vice, lots of pressure

- Always very warm

- Vomitting several times a week

- Can't tolerate long drives

- I forget lots of things and can't remember anything during a strong headache

They tried me on some medications.

The first medications made me go to the toilet every 30minutes, literally busting. GP denyed that it would be the tablet but I stopped the tablet and my bladder function went back to normal in 2 days.

2nd tablets they gave me caused bleeding. I'd wake up in the morning with blood on my pillow case. A decent amount too, coming from the nose and recently from 1 ear.

I'm trying these tablets and it doesn't seem to be helping at all. My headaches are getting worse, gradually got worse.

I've had no scans at present, just medication to start with. The headaches started years ago but as they got worse, I decided to inform the GP.

Has anyone any recommendations in terms of non medications?

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danny,

Well absolute first thing to get, and I am surprised your neurologist hasnt ordered one all this time, and that is an MRI scan to see if anything is going on.

You have some symptoms that require you to keep in contact with the neuroligist often,  If symptoms get any worse, I would go to A + E as you need a full check up.

This is my advice for now Danny, when they have made a better diagnosis I am sure they can give you better meds to deal with this.  You need to get your life back right.

Let us know how you get on, best wishes

• Posted

MRI and Cat scan should of be performed first, I think that you have the wrong Doctor to start with. Wishing you all the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.