Gradual weight loss despite efforts to gain weight

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Over the past year, I have gradually been losing weight, despite not trying to. I do not want to lose weight, since I was already underweight to begin with. I have now been actively trying to gain weight for the last 2 months by tracking my calorie intake and setting daily goals. I've increased my calorie intake by about 800 calories per day and have maintained that for the last 2 months. Despite this, I have still lost another 1.5lbs. I'm a 24 year old 6'1 male and i'm eating about 2,500 calories a day. Is this enough calories to gain weight? I think I should at least be maintaining my weight, I don't think I should be losing any additional weight. I've also been experiencing a lot of lightheadedness in the last week. I'm going to contact my doctor soon and see if I should go back to see them. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks,

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You should eat less fats, watch the glucose levels and eat more protein, you have to work out. Otherwise if you eat fats and do not work out. You will gain weight but it results in you becoming fat and overweight with all the baggage. Work out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.