gram negative bacteria and inflammation in vaginal culture?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all my results from a swab I got after recurring pain after using an unclean vibrator are below. My symptoms settle with metronidazole but ive had the "infection" twice - once a few days after i used a vibrator that was dirty (ive NEVER had problems before this), and then once in december when i had sex (protected and was very clean). the symptoms during both "infections" were identical. throbbing aching vaginal walls, hurt to wear underwear, discharge, rotten smell, and also pain on arousal for a few weeks after (bartholin gland got inflamed and blocked but cleared out in time on its own). swab never showed clue cells (bv) but always showed leukocytes and epithelial cells. the rotten god awful smell and the bartholin gland blockage lead me to believe this is bacterial that isnt being cured properly. i also doubt its an inflammatory disorder like DIV since i get bad smell and the gland gets blocked with something (ike idk how an inflammatory disorder like DIV could infect a gland .....) and also this all happened after using something extremely unclean. it didnt come out of nowhere.

A swab taken a week after i finished metronidazole after my second "infection" last month were as follows:

Moderate polymorphs (white blood cells)

A few epithelial cells

Lactobacillus morphotypes 4+

Small numbers of gram negative bacilli

Heavy growth of vaginal flora

So looks like i have heaps of good bacteria but what is gram negative bacilli???????? if it was Gardenerella (bv) wouldnt the metronidazole have killed it? could this be affecting me and then be agitated whenever i have sex or put anything in?? like i said ive had constant leukocytes present from when the first infection happened until now. its like whatevers in there isnt being killed. i have high leukocytes too at present.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.