Granulated tissue after hysterectomy surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I’ve had an ultrasound scan today & they have found granulated tissue at the vaginal cuff site which has been causing the bleeding I’ve been experiencing & they also found fluid in the abdomen, a cyst of my right ovary, I had surgery in March to remove a strangulated cyst & im very emotional about having complications after hysterectomy surgery. Has anyone else experienced this?

Many thanks 

Kerry xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I know this situation extremely well... please be careful! I had the same scar tissue on my vaginal cuff. They began to use acid to burn the scar tissue down. I had probably 3 appointments for the procedure. Fast forward 6 months later, I had a high fever that lasted a couple weeks. My mom made me go to the ER, upon arrival they thought I was in labor.... EXCUSE ME WHAT? I'm literally 5'8 140 lbs, I've had a partial hysterectomy.... and now I'm in LABOR!?!? After further inspection, I was rushed into surgery. I awoke to find out they had to remove my remaining ovary and fallopian tube, my galbladder, my appendix, part of my large intestine, and burn incredible amounts of scar tissue and infection out. My vaginal cuff had opened up, my ovary had a cyst on it, which caused the entire fallopian tube AND ovary to make it's way down INTO my vaginal canal. My body went septic and I nearly died. 

This is absolutely the worst case scenario, that I just happened to endure and doctors still can't explain. However, it CAN happen. Please be very careful with the treatment! Get a second opinion if you have any doubts about there treatment plan. 

Good Luck! Hopefully you can get this all straightend out without any complications! Just be extremely careful if they offer the acid as the treatment plan, or make sure they follow up for a while to make sure it's healed before releasing you from appointments. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I’m really frustrated at these complications & I am awaiting a phone call from my consultant with what my options are? 

Will be sure to get a second opinion if I’m not happy. Hope all is well for you now xx

• Posted

I had a tiny area of granulation at top but it's not bothered me.it's very very commonx

• Posted

I’ve had bleeding & discomfort, which is why my consultant ordered an ultrasound scan & found all this out today & my consultant is going to phone me with the options available. Did yours heal in time then? Xx

• Posted

Didn't even know I had it until my check up.just put some silver nitrate innit and I've not thought twice about it. No pain nothing. Mine was a tiny spot but I didn't have any other issues,all straightforward.x

• Posted

Hello,

im sorry about what youre going through. I had my surgery 18 weeks ago. Ive been spotting all 18 weeks every single day they found 2 tiny areas of granulation, did the silver nitrate 8 times and im still spotting brown daily. I had an uktrasound and they found fluid in my pelvic but they think thats from an ovarian cyst bursting. I have to do another ultrasound in 3 weeks.

How did everything turn out for you? I cant believe im still going through this. I hope youre healed

• Posted

hello

I had tvh last January and after 8 wks if healing I had a small bit of spotting which my consultant checked and found 2 small areas of granulation at the top end of vaginal cuff.

with a few spots of silver nitrate and another lot 2 wks later it was all fine.

I've had no issues since.

I had no emotional issues after mine. I was age 50 gone through menopause at age 45 and completed my family.... ut was the right time to sort out the prolapse uterus with the repair.goid luckx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.