Granuloma Annularae Sufferer

Posted , 15 users are following.

I was diagnosed with this years ago because I had some patches here and there. But over the past year, it has really spread. I am so tired of hearing that there is nothing that can be done. I have ised steroid creams and steroid courses and nothing. I now have it on my wrists, the bends of my arms and the worst so far has been on my toes and the bottom of my feet. It is painful in that location especially. So i have researched to no avail. I found this post online a couple of days ago. Maybe this will be what we all have been looking for. It is a course of antibiotics. I will try to copy and paste if allowed.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello angie, i had GA for 22 years, it started on my left hand, it then went everywhere, it was sore and some of the patches would give great pain.

However 5 years ago i was diagnosed with Skin Cancer, this has nothing to do with the GA.

But last year i started on a immunotheropy for 2 years, the GA has gone, completly. What baffles me if the two conditions are not linked why would the immuno cure the GA as well as the skin cancer?

• Posted

Denise, GA is not painful nor itchy. Did u have a biopsy to confirm GA? My doctor says it's an auto immune disease. What was the immunotherapy you took?

• Posted

I hope you're all well now. My GA is spreading to my arms and sides, started on elbows, then back of knees. By immunotherapy do you mean Prednisone? Steroid cream is not helping. Not happy with my current dermatologist.

• Posted

Hi everyone. I first developed GA on my ankle 48 years ago.  My dermatologist started by injecting the sites with Kenalog.  But in the past few years it has really gone all over my body, up to my neck. I've tried vitrually every cream, light therapy, etc. and for the past few years the Kenalog injections.  I just connected what someone wrote about alcohol... and I realized that I've been drinking a small glass of wine most evenings to help me get to sleep.  I'm going to stop that and see if it makes any difference.  However, my son-in-law has a different autoimmune disease that causes a  similar red rash all over his body. He takes an injection of Anakinra (Kinaret)  for t hat.  I'm going to call my Dr. tomorrow morning to see if there might be a connection.  Has anyone else taken this and had positive results?

• Posted

Hi

With regards to alcohol... I haven't had ANY alcohol for 15 years yet I was diagnosed with GA 3 years ago!! A glass of wine each night will not do any harm I'm sure! X

• Posted

Hi angie7613

Ive been diagnosed with GA 7 months ago

Ive had a huge patch on my left leg and some small patches on different parts of my leg.

I tried steroid creams,pills etc it faded a little but they were still there and kept spreading.

One day i was tired of stressing myself over this and i stopped treating it.

2 weeks later they were gone, i guess it was the stress ive been putting myself through that caused it

• Posted

My GA is spreading all over. I stopped the creams, had a kenalog injection, a couple of UV treatments... no help. I do yoga for stress relief, and try not to think about my disfiguring plaques. My Dermatologist recommends trying Humira next. Not too thrilled with taking an immune suppressing injection, but hoping it will be short term and effective. Anyone else try this?
    • Posted

Mary, have you started Humira yet? I'm starting in two weeks. Let's stay in touch and share with the group.

• Posted

I haven't started it yet due to insurance issues. Definitely will stay in touch.

• Posted

Humira works quickly and Pentoxyfilline 400mg 3 times per day works as well but it takes about 8 months.  Both work
    • Posted

I know someone who did with success and no side effects and it took about 7 -8 shots and she was done.  Make sure your doctor does the appropriate bloodwork first.  Pentoxyfilline (400mg 3 times per day) but it takes significantly longer.  Both Humira and pentoxyfilline go after the same TNF factor.  Humira, obviously is much stronger.
  • Posted

Humira works with about 7 shots.  Pentoxyfilline works as well but it takes a lot longer. It took about 8 months for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.