Granuloma Annulare

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I was diagnosed as type one diabetic in May 2007, a couple of years later I noticed a red ring on my left ankle. It's become scaly and these end up flaking off. After my gp giving me cream for eczema, which didn't improve it. My hospital consultant though it maybe GA and recommended a referral to the dermatologist who has given me Haelan tape to use for three months. I was wondering if anyone else has used this tape before? And if it worked for them.

Thank you

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI,

I have never heard of the Haelan tape before. My GA is terribly itchy and I have finally resorted to taking prednisone orally to stop the itch. 

• Posted

Hi, mine never itches thankfully.  I've recently had a biopsy done on it as the Haelan tape has not helped much and made my skin thinner as well.
    • Posted

Thank-you for your reply. I had a biopsy done too. It took much longer to heal than I thought. on mine they actually go sort of deep with the cut. Which was never explained to me.
    • Posted

I think my biopsy was 4mm wide and 5mm deep. Will see the nurse this week to remove the stitch. But I know it will take ages to heal properly. I asked lots of questions otherwise I don't think they would have said much.

• Posted

Hi, After having a unusual silvery ring on the inside of my upper arm into the armpit for about two years (no symptoms), I then developed a rash on my midsection which eventually covered my entire torso.  Doc gave me cream for fungal infection which did nothing.  Dermatologist diagnosed and gave me creams I did not want to use due to side effects.  I researched more natural remedies.  I added Vit. D, 2000 units (I now take 4000 per day.  Within a month of starting Vit D, I began to notice nothing new was erupting.  After two or three months, my rashes cleared up.  I have had no problem since and it has been 5 months.  I don't know if the D made the difference or was it just running its course, but I wanted to share my experience.  Good luck to you. 
    • Posted

Thank-you very much. I will try Vitamin D I take it in the winter usually but have stopped now and will try it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.