Granuloma Annulare Liver RNA Dry Eyes Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

49 year old female

Biopsied for granuloma annulare or interstitial granulomatous-they did not know for sure. Covered in lesions on thighs, legs.

LIVER-

ALT of 64

AST of 56

GGT of 84

RNP of 8

ANA elevated unknown #

Severe Dry eyes- every morning right eye is stuck closed. Been to eye doctor 4 times for treatment. He says my eyes are crazy dry. Been using various drops constantly. Happening since 2017.

Hair loss and breaking severe. Lost 10 Inches or hair in last year.

Elevated RNA levels of 8 for 2+years of testing.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for sharing. Not sure what those acronyms for liver testing stand for. Do you believe a liver condition could be related to your GA? I have GA but do not have a liver condition, although my theory is that GA is auto-immune and can possibly also be related to thyroid in some way, and possibly stress. I do also have dry eyes, but many things can cause that, so it's hard to tell if it's related. As far as your hair breaking, if it's coming out from the root, then this can be thyroid, stress, over-medication, etc. I am an expert in this particular field, so at least I can speak on this aspect. If it's breaking from further down the hair shaft, then depending on whether it's been compromised by bleaching/corrective coloring, excessive styling with hot tools, etc, it can be general unrelated breakage. Barring those factors, it could be breakage from weakened papilla or hair becoming fragile due to illness.

Could you explain what those test results/acronyms mean & if your doctor believes your GA/liver/dry eye/hair breakage to be related?

Thank you for sharing the photo. Looks just like GA to me. I have localized GA on my side/back for over 5 years now, it comes & goes. I've gone 5 months at the longest without any lesions, but they're back now. I've had one on each leg (calf) twice. I've gotten rid of those easily with ketaconazole (this doesn't seem to work for everyone) but the ones on my side/back don't respond whatsoever to it, or to anything. Everyone's seems to react a bit differently.

• Posted

yes the hair thing although cosmetic is the least of my worries. It has nothing to do with styling or dying as I do neither. I wear it pretty natural.

I have read a few things that seem to think that GA with elevated liver enzymes could possibly be autoimmune hepatitis. I’ve also read a few other items that say having the hepatitis B vaccine which is live, can cause G a. I have been to a few rheumatologist, and multiple dermatologist and have been through multiple treatments, the GA continues to go down both legs and on both arms and nothing seems to make it go away.

Because my RNP results have been high for three years, I have been told this is indicative of mixed connective tissue disease or MCTD. Basically I think this is a casual for rheumatologist to tell you that they have no idea what you have because you seem to have a little bit of everything!

sjogrens syndrome of the eye has been mentioned as well.

I really just posted because I was hoping by crowdsourcing some smart person in the world would say hey I know what she has and here’s how to fix it! 😃

• Posted

Good Morning sweetie, sounds to me yoi have sjogrens, you need to see a Rheumatologist mine is the one who diagnosed me with it, an I have all the same symptoms as you along with other autoimmune diseases

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.