Granuloma Annulare Successfully treated with Chloroquine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I took Chloroquine twice daily for 4 months. I was intensely skeptical. I had had granuloma annulare on my hands fro several years, none of the treatments helped. It then spread up both arms and onto the back of my neck and in spots on my legs. After two months on the chloroquine I thought I noticed a slight improvement and decided to continue. After the third month there was no question of there being significant improvement. I continued for the forth month tapering off towards the end. Other than some residual discoloration, the GA is gone, at least for now. Could it have simply been a natural resolution having little or nothing to do the the medication, certainly, but I know how desperately people want a remedy and I would urge anyone dealing with GA to give it a try. 

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am just approaching 3 months on Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquinel) for American readers. I haven't seen any significant change as yet. It does seem a little flatter but is still very purple/red in colour. I have it on both firearms, my neck, chest, across my upper back and some spots on both legs. I a man hoping there will be a significant change in the next month or so. Thanks for sharing you have given me hope!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.