Granuloma rt histamine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone related elavil to their granuloma. I read it can cause increased histamine levels. I was on a clean diet and was eating gluten free, lots of fruit smoothies etc. started using MSM powder and my rash starting spreading more rapidly. When reading foods high in histamines I realized these were a lot of foods I had been eating including red wine. I am going to try a different med regime consisting of tagemet, Benadryl, Allegra, Vit C, and start weaning myself off the elavil. I also have been dizzy the last few days. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Marsha, I have not heard or read anything related to elavil as a cause.  Since I have no information why this skin disorder has attacked me this could be possible.  Here in America elavil was used for depression.  I think I may have used it many years ago when I was first prescribed something for depression.  Right now I am on a combination of three antibiotics that were prescribed by my Dermatologist.  I once took them for a year and the GA was gone.  I thought it was gone for good and stopped the meds.  Within 6 months it came back with a vengeance.  I am now back on them and into it for 1 1/2 years.  It is not as responsive this time.  I have GA really cropping up everywhere.  Mine is itchy and looks like purple circles, kinda like burns.  When I get it on my neck and face is when I loose it.  Do you have it in your scalp?

the combination of drugs you are mentioning sounds potent.  Did a Dr. perscribe?  There are many other antidepressants you could try.

regards Cheryl 

• Posted

I don't have them in my scalp. They started on the back and front of my thighs. The first 2 steroid shots almost cleared them up but they came back. Now on arms, hands, entire legs and feet. Also getting them on my shoulders. I live in Florida so very hard not to wear shorts. My are red and raised mostly in a circle. I thought they were ring worm at first. What antibiotics are you on and what side effects? I have heard of several people linking theirs to histamine intolerance. I am 61 and never had any problems before now. I am going on 2 years. The second series of steroid shots didn't do anything so I quit them. That's why I am trying different diets.

• Posted

Humira with about 7 shots works for GGA.  If you don't want to use Humira, pentoxyfilline 400mg 3 times per day works but it takes about 8 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.