Grape Seed extract and BP tablets?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been prescribed Lisinopril 7.5 mg to reduce BP - incremental increases from 2.5; then 5; now 7.5 mg. (Amlopidine stopped as my ankles started to swell).  I felt 'comfortable' taking 5 mg of Lisinopril, but 7.5 is causing some side effects - some breathlessness, feeling depressed, difficulty sleeping, occasionally dry cough (I know the cough is 'normal')

Had a check-up with the GP today, and BP had gone up to 165/90 (possibly due to recent stress, maybe white-coat syndrome).

I've read some studies and reports which indicate that 300 mg of grape seed extract has reduced BP for many people.

Has anyone tried grape seed extract with or without other BP medication?

I hate being on BP tablets - have never been on regular/on going medication before.  But I have to lower my BP before I can have an operation.  I'm also reducing my weight, and walk as much as I can (not long distances owing to Degenerative Disc Disease in lower back).  I'm age 67 and female.

Feeling fed up ! :-(     

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Very interesting indeed. I am 67+ male. Been having high levels of BP in recent weeks as much as 210/110 on a single day. My average is now around 170/100. Was taking Zestril 5mg daily but had to stop as the BP levels dropped drastically. Never tried grape seed. Thinking about giving it a shot. I also suffer from Osteo Arthritis in both my knees.
  • Posted

Hi there 

I was very interested in your post about the grape seed extract ,and so have queried it on our boots chemist web med site and they do not reccomend it at all and especially if you suffer with high blood pressure

Pity as i would have tried it, but thought i should let you know as this web med site is usually spot on with advice 

• Posted

I am early 60s and my blood pressure was high as around the range of 160/85 couple of months ago. I took medication very short period and dropped it. I changed my food immediately and I addpt few yoga poistures for blood pressure, and it targets waist area as well. And took vitamins, avacado, whenever possible I stand in the sun for few minutes though it is very cold. Drinks warm water with ginger some times. I avoid cold water or cold food. My blood pressure average is 124/80 now. I avoid prosses food as much as possible. No bread, seviving with chick peas, mung and spinach and other few things as main dishes. Turf, but worth it. I Try to do meditation to calm down the mind. My house temperature is not more than 19 day time at night I turned off the heater. I am thinking of buying an infra red light. All of these approachs are helping me, hope it help others.
  • Posted

i was prescriped 8 mg Coversyl around end of January and I used 4mg then 2 mg only for  around 2 weeks and I  compleatly drop the medication after that. Once I changed food I eat and did little more yoga, I saw the change in my blood pressure and its encraged me to do more things. I am not on the medication now, and my pressure is good. Still I am monitering my BP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.