Grapefruit size fibroid

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was diganosed today with a fibroid the size of a grapefruit. what happens next? im in so much pain, cant stop peeing and periods are all messed up i do have the coil in and been told the coil has moved due to the size

im so worried! any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Depending on your future plans to have kids, the sooner you deal with it, the better, It will not go away on its own. Find a good Dr who can advise you on the best methods to remove it, either full myo lap or robotic but it needs to be removed as it will only get bigger

• Posted

I had the grapefruit size one as well. You really don't know how much it ruins your life until you have it removed. I had to pee multiple times and it even gave me horrible constipation. I was TERRIFIED of surgery (I was shaking as I went in and during covid no one can be in the room with you). I didn't even sleep before my surgery. As soon as my surgery was over I was so happy. I was so glad it was out!!!! It was very fast you wake up in a room (yes some pain) I went home and cooked the same night. I made a big deal out of nothing basically. You will need 4 weeks off. My best advice find a good doctor and get it removed. Watch the videos on youtube (helped me understand). I saw many many doctors until i found the one i wanted.

• Posted

Hello, I'm in a similar situation when I'm having 1x 10cm fibroid and 2 x 5cm fibroids removed laproscopically within the next month! I am so nervous. Were yours a similar size? Were they removed laproscopically? I am wondering what the recovery will look like. Did you do anything before / after surgery to aide recovery?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.