Graphic - black chunks in stool

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm sorry to put up something so graphic, but I'm looking to answer what the hell happening with my body. My pcp put me on 100mg Zoloft last week as a starting dose. That night I experienced leg pain and off sensations in my feet that were a 6 out of 10 by the next day. My pcp too me off of the Zoloft the second day stating while he doesn't think the Zoloft was the cause, it's better to be safe.

I'm on the fifth day off it leaving my system when it off no where rushed to the bathroom with integration. After about thirty minutes i stand up top find relatively normal colored stool, but full of these dense black chunks. could this all be party to the Zoloft?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi JDC, since no one is taking you up on this, I guess I will.

First, your doc should not be starting your dosage for the first time ever with 100mg. That is very strong. Although it was a couple decades ago, I remember when my doc first started me on 25mg Zoloft, it was very hard on my system. I suffered all kinds of terrible side effects.

Second, although you stopped Zoloft on the 2nd day, it could take about a week to get it entirely out of your system. I've researched into the half-life of meds and such, but I find that it takes my body much longer to metabolize drugs, and so, to answer your sick question with a sick answer, yes, I have found chunks in my stool from taking Zoloft or increasing the dosage too quickly, but unlike you, I had white or tan color chunks, not black.

My best advice is to monitor your stool for the next week to see if it returns to normal. I have a feeling it will. Drink plenty of water and eat lots of fiber, as it helps to quickly get rid of the med from your system.

And I would suggest, if you can, not to start another Zoloft replacement at the moment, to isolate this stool case.

• Posted

thank you for the feedback on your experience. this gives me a real sense of calm knowing its happened to others and im not just having the coffee grind style side effects they warned me about

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.