Graves and anxiety... please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone here had ablation and had their levels change to the point where anxiety was outrageous? My Dr just lowered my synthroid  from 137mg to 112mg, how long until I notice change? I haven't been myself at all for months... random crying, won't leave the house, etc. I was tested for everything under the sun but my endocrinologist feels it's due to an elevated T4...can anyone relate?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

try taking holy basil leaf...you get it at the health food store....you put 15 drops or so in water and drink it...really helped me...I now drink bone broth in smoothies....has really helped a ton with stomach issues....

Ask for help at the health food store...most are pretty knowledgeable ..or can look it up in a book for ya....

• Posted

Yes...heart palpitations were the worse...I still get them from time to time...but, not like I used to....

I've also changed my diet....no carbs/sugar....sometimes I fail...and when I do, I have stomach issues...but, nothing like before.....one day I'll be sugar and carb free.....

• Posted

Hi garrett1979, did you do well for some time taking 137mg thyroxine per day? You mentioned that you were tested for everything under the sun.  oDo you have a printout of your blood tests? Is your T4 within the normal range? An elevated T4 could account for your symptoms. If your T4 was in fact high then it might take several weeks to use up the excess thyroxine in your blood stream. 

How long ago did you have the ablation? You could search the internet for cases where thyroid tissue has regenerated (to some extent) after an ablation or a thyroidectomy.  

• Posted

Yes I did well at 137 for a long time , my t4 is a little high, and my thyroid showed up as "small" during a recent MRI, when an ultrasound showed it was gone just 5 months ago..I had the ablation in Oct of 2015...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.