Graves disease

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Linda,

I was diagnosed with graves 2 months ago. Started with 5 mg, then 10 mg and now 20 mg of Methimazole. I dont understand why when I took the 5 mg MMI, the symptoms dissapeared however my lab was still abnormal. That is why my dose is increasing. As my dose increased, I felt worse symptoms. Now I know that there are some herbal remedies, can I take buggleweed, motherswort, and lemon balm tea together with 20 mg methimazole? How about regular L- cartinine, can I take it together with methimazole too?

Is there any interactions?

My endo offered me RAI. I am still considering it as my last resorce to cure my graves. My Thyroid antibody is 3 (high). I dont know what I should do. I feel anxious at times and could not sleep sometimes. Please advise. Thank you

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I have had brain fog and am forgetful at times.  For the two years my TSH was at less than 0.001, I felt okay because my Free T3 and T4's were in the normal range while I was on 10 mg of Methimazole.  I felt better however, as my TSH rose into the normal range and better when I started taking supplements like vitamin D, and Magnesium because I was deficient in them.

• Posted

Hi linda,

What did you do for the restleg syndromme? Did you take any medications for that?

I have that and currently interupt with my sleep. 

Thanks,

Vera

• Posted

It never woke me up.  It was found when I did a sleep study and they also found I had sleep apnea.  They treat this with a CPAP machine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.