graves disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

just had blood results free thyroxine levels still 29.6 this is still high does anyone know i am on carbimazale 40mg but also on 100mg levothyroxine they want to take me of levothyroxine and put me on low dose of propranolol why i ask myself is that a good thing why is my graves disease not being controlled and they say i might have problems with my heart

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

yep, they put you on carbimazale, then propranolol, then they ask if you want your thyroid removed. if you don't want to remove your thyroid, then they want to go nuclear. If that doesn't work, then they take you off all thyroid medication for 6 months, and this is where all the fun begins. i have been off medication for my thyroid going on 4 months. It is horrendous. i hurt all over, i am not getting enough sleep ( 2 to 4 hours a night) i now have bags under my eyes, my vision is affected, and i look haggard. I now wish after a year and a half of going through this that i just had my thyroid removed. I wish you well. I also hurt all over, I would 't

wish this on my worst enemy! GOD BLESS and stay strong.

ARLEA

• Posted

yep, they put you on carbimazale, then propranolol, then they ask if you want your thyroid removed. if you don't want to remove your thyroid, then they want to go nuclear. If that doesn't work, then they take you off all thyroid medication for 6 months, and this is where all the fun begins. i have been off medication for my thyroid going on 4 months. It is horrendous. i hurt all over, i am not getting enough sleep ( 2 to 4 hours a night) i now have bags under my eyes, my vision is affected, and i look haggard. I now wish after a year and a half of going through this that i just had my thyroid removed. I wish you well. I also hurt all over, I would 't

wish this on my worst enemy! GOD BLESS and stay strong.

ARLEA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.