Graves/hyper

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi...Im going to my primary care doctor monday and would like her to draw blood work....my endo only takes the T3/T4 and TSH...which are all back to normal....which is great...but Graves is not a thyroid disease....As of late I've been breaking out with little red dots...and I've been fighting a skin rash the past 3 years...this has to somehow be tied to the autoimmune disease.... 

Any help with what blood test that I should ask my Primary Doctor to run...would be great....thanks so much  

and does anyone else have skin issues...I also have very dry skin...which I've never had before and of course the endo says it not related... 

Thanks so much...

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The skin in fronts of my shins resembled a fish's scales ... and itched like ....

Your Endo needs a refresher course !!

For Gods sake !

Why do they give us all the rubbish !

Mx🌹

• Posted

can I  ask you Rose , please,   Do you have a hyperthyroidism  or Graves Disease ... ?

mx🌹

• Posted

I have had both...my thyroid has returned to normal on its own...but I will have graves for life....
    • Posted

With great respect ... do you never then Cure .....or get rid of Graves' disease ?

Mx🌹

• Posted

Rise ... can you please explain to me how it is possible for the thyroid to return to normal on its own ... as I

Have never heard of this before and I am fascinated to learn more ..

I worked long and hard for mine to return to normal .. it was THE most

Difficult thing I've ever had to do in fact ...

Mx🌹

• Posted

I have heard of people who are in remission for 10 years or longer.  For myself, even though my labs are good right now and my antibodies are currently undetectable, I kind of think any major stress can trigger it to happen again, although being monitored and having labs done every 3 months keeps me on top of it.
    • Posted

According to everything I read ... Graves' disease is an auto immune disease which affects THE THYROID

Not any other parts of the body ...

But the Thyroid !

Maybe I'm just stupid but I think that makes it a disease of the Thyroid

... i.e.A Thyroud disease

M🌹X

• Posted

I changed my diet...I no longer eat sugar, gluten or dairy...or anything processed....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.