graves thyroxicosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have a T4 level of 22 was in excess of 100 but as come down to 22 is that still high and they say tsh receptor antibodies are dectable at a titre of 36 u/l is that good or bad they say my T4 levels are 22with ongoing ths suppression what does all this mean

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You need to get a copy of your actual lab report. Right beside your value, they will have a range of low to high and as long as your result is within that range, it is normal. This value differs slightly from lab to lab. However, my T4 level was around 22 when I began treatment and is now 12. TSH levels are just the opposite. When they are low values or non detectable (mine was less than 0.001) this indicates hyperthyroidism and when they go higher, i.e. over 5.0 you are headed into hypo land. You still need to be on treatment with your values and most good docs will not discontinue meds even when your lab levels are all normal unless your antibody levels are either within the normal range or non-detectable. Though my Free T3 and T4 were immediately brought down to normal mid range when I started meds, my TSH would not rise. So after 2 years of a 0 TSH, I added supplements like 3,000 mg of Regular L-Carnitine to start which raised my TSH to 0.12. So then I took 1,000 mg of Regular L-Carnitine and 1,000 mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine and my levels rose into the normal range at 0.70. Mosr Endos do not know about the value of these supplements because they are not trained that way. Vitamin D is extremely important for good thyroid function. Hyperthyroid patients lose a lot of vitamins, minerals and amino acids like carnitine and these need to be tested and replaced, especially vitamin D.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.