Gray Hairs ..Is it also because of harmones ??

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi friends

I am 39 year old ..started peri from last year ....Having all classical symptoms..and suffering alot from more than 1 year .. every day new stuggle.😭😭.

earlier i have 1 or 2 gray hairs but yesterday i saw bunch of gray hairs on my both side of head .. ...Its also harmones effect or me getting old at age of 39 😭😭???

Harmones r soo effective and play soo much role in our body i am experiencing this from last year ..in my 30 th i donot even have any idea that this stage will also come in life...No one tells us about Menopause...and when this stage come we all r surperised and worried what going on with us.

This is most difficult phase of life ..and more hurting is u donot know when these symptoms will end and u start living normal life .

Hoping for better days

Tk

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

sorry its HORMONES πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ not harmones

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

hi sunaina ,i started peri at 39 and same thing i had few gray hair by 41 i had so many at the both side of my head ,along with all the other symptoms ,and when started i didnt know what is going on and that is putted me in big anxity but now after 3 years i relized it is hormone i still get some that my anxity goes to the roof ,good luck hun just take it easy

• Posted

I'm not getting gray but shedding a scary amount of hair. Afraid to take a shower. 😦 And plenty of other bad symptoms, fat ... anxiety ... hang in there you are not alone. I hope docs get off their aholes and find us better treatments.

• Posted

I am going to weigh in that it tends to be genetic. I personally think it is normal to notice more than a few gray hair at 39. I had a more than few gray hairs in my late twenties. So did my friends. I am 51 and postmenopause for about 2 years and I am about 45% gray. My perimenopause lasted several years. I shed a lot through peri. Now not so much. But the hair I lost I am sure came back as gray. So in effect an indirect result of perimenopause.

I think it is part of aging at least for me. πŸ˜ƒ

web md says,

Your hair follicles have pigment cells that make melanin, a chemical that gives your hair its color. As you age, these cells start to die. Without pigment, new hair strands grow in lighter and take on various shades of gray, silver, and eventually white. Once a follicle stops making melanin, it won’t make colored strands again.

So that blows apart the old wives tale I was raised with. "Pull one gray hair, three goes back." lol

It seems if you pull out that gray, it will just grow back gray. Ugh, I have pulled my fair share of grays over the years.

Just my two cents πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

So at least the hair thinning stopped? And you have a normal amount of hair? I'm looking into special shampoos to stop the scary shedding. I think I started peri around 44 and am now 47, still getting periods but having tons of symptoms of peri.

• Posted

Yes, (knock on wood). I used to lose a lot of hair every time I showered. I felt like I was going bald. It seems to have thickened up. My hair stylist had to texturize my hair in the back because it was thick! πŸ˜ƒ Yay! So besides no more periods at the very least I stopped losing so much hair.

I discovered what peri was when I was about 46. I didn't know what was wrong with me for a few years prior until I found this site. It and every one on here was a life savor for me.

• Posted

Thanks for giving me hope! A giant clump came out today in the shower and another smaller one when I brushed. It's terrifying. 😦 I'm trying this Alterna densifying treatment and shampoo that's supposed to stop the shedding and encourage new growth. But I just started it. Fingers crossed. Will let you ladies know if it works. But according to Sephora reviews a lot of women with similar hormonal hair shedding and loss have said it works great. One lady was even balding and had an after pic with her bald spots gone. Yes peri and menopause suck and if men had it we'd have way better treatments. 😦

• Posted

I am 44 and have been grey for YEARS. I stopped dyeing my hair a couple of years ago. I love it and am never going back to root touch-ups every two weeks. Thank goodness it is on trend. xo

• Posted

Thank you all for replying and sharing ur experiences.

me too think fast growing gray hairs is because of changing hormones ..and yes aging also play role ..

Hormones has full impact on our bodies .

Gray hair gave Salt and pepper look πŸ˜ƒ

Heavyness in head is most scary symptom for me 😭😭

hoping for better days

tk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.