Great Advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just want to say thanks to all the people who have given advice on this site. I have my lapidus, hammertoe, painter's bunion surgery tomorrow and reading all of these comments has made my preparation so much easier!

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Happy New Year, and I hope it went well. You should be free from pain now (if you keep your foot up). Now you have to battle cabin fever
    • Posted

Happy New Year to you, too!  Not totally free from pain, but definitely getting there!  I've kept my foot up pretty much constantly, so that's helped a lot! Thanks again for all the great advice!  My biggest problems right now are that my bottom is sore, I've had horrible heartburn, and  I'm experiencing constipation.  Other than that, I'm doing great!  redface
  • Posted

I've been thinking about you. I believe you said your surgery was on the 29th. Let me know how you're doing!

I'll have to postpone mine. My husband broke his collar bone (car wreck ) and it's going to take 6-8 weeks for him to heal. Can't have 2 of us recuping at the same time.

Hope you're doing great. Let us know when you can.

• Posted

Oh no!  So sorry to hear about your husband, but glad he's on the mend!! Thank goodness you hadn't had your surgery right after Christmas!  My surgery went well and I had a wonderful surgical team.  It's pretty difficult getting around, but I'm off my pain meds and will be seeing the doctor Tuesday.  I'm having difficulty with the crutches, but the knee scooter is a huge blessing!  Today was a huge accomplishment because I was able to sit and have dinner at the kitchen table instead of in bed.  It was wonderful!  smile
  • Posted

Haha!  Just realized I keep saying "painters bunion".  It is actually a tailors bunion, also known as a bunionette, on my pinky toe.  cheesygrin
    • Posted

Just to let you know about my status--double osteotomy and correction of hammertoe (with an enormous K wire sticking out of my foot) on 12/1, and was told I would have six weeks nonweight bearing and two weeks partial weight bearing.  After five weeks the pin was removed, which makes life much easier, and graduated to partial weight bearing at the same time.  So now I am on my Mobilegs, which are very manageable if you can use the bad foot for balance, and my Darco heel walking boot day and night.  It's been pretty easy, except for the cabin fever.  Looks like I probably will use the knee scooter for longer distances for another week or so.
    • Posted

Excellent!! Sounds like you are progressing beautifully!!  So far, I haven't used my mobilegs at all, as I am scared to death of falling...but your post makes me feel encouraged that they may be helpful in the future!  I'd better hold off for a bit on putting them on Craigslist!  I'm in love with my knee scooter!  :
    • Posted

P.s.  I posted a pic of my one week post op on another thread..."one week post op success"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.