Great ENT doctor at last!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been to ENT yet again today and have seen a different consultant this time. He was brilliant, asked me a hundred questions and has finally referred me for an MRI scan. I've been waiting for a year for investigations to actually happen so they can rule anything else out. I just hated being told I had probable Ménière's without them actually investigating anything!

He still believes I have Ménière's because of what I have described to him regarding my symptoms but he wants to rule other things out first which makes sense!

I wanted to tell you this so you know it's worth keeping the faith and being persistent! It's not great that it's taking so long (nearly a year!) but at least it's happening and someone is finally trying to help me!

Keep from fighting, folks! :-)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I meant keep ON fighting! My phone decided to say from 😂

• Posted

Hi Brookiana,  This is so great to hear.  I know exactly what you mean, as I too have waited so long to see a great ENT.  It is so encouraging to finally have a Dr. who can  help.  It does seem to take a very long time to get hooked up with the right one.    Hope all goes well!   
    • Posted

Thank you! You're right , it's a looooong process. I'm glad you found a good doctor too, it makes such a difference!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.